PROJECTED TRAFFIC ON NH-7
- Projected annual passenger flow:1.14 crore
- Passenger average daily flow based on 450 flights per day :1,14,00,000/365 = 31,232.
- As per data from HAL airport, 75% of passengers are domestic and 25% international.
- Domestic passengers per day:0.75*31,232 = 23,424. The domestic operation is distributed between 6 am and 10pm. Domestic passengers per hour is 23,424/16 = 1,464.
- Existing traffic is 16,000 PCUs/hour along 6-lane NH-7(Bangalore-Bellary Road).Additional traffic between 6am and 10pm will be 16,000+1464=17,464 passengers per hour.
- International passengers:25% of 31,232=7,808 passengers/day, between 10pm and 6am. Average passenger distribution per hour will be 7,808/8=976.
It is estimated that one person will accompany a passenger.Therefore, number of vehicles to be parked is estimated at 1500-2600/hour.
- Comparing Bangalore and Hyderabad International Airports
- Commute To Bangalore International Airport
- Metro Rail Link to BIA
- Expansion of Terminal 1