Want to know quarantine regulations in Karnataka fordomestic and international flyers? These guidelines are also applicable for interstate travelers who travel by road.
With Lockdown 4 coming to an end soon and booking restarting for travel by rail and air, the Karnataka state government has announced a set of regulations for all travelers coming into the state.
Informing BBMP About Your Travel
BBMP (The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) has issued a public notice that says anyone who came to the state post-May 7th, should contact the officials and register their name, address and phone number. This is applicable only to travelers who haven’t already informed BBMP.
- Inter-state travelers who came to Bangalore from May 7, please call – +91-80-2266-0000
- For WhatsApp Chat: +91-94806-85888
- Zone-Wise BBMP Control Room Numbers
- Applying For Online Travel Pass Permit For Karnataka -List Of Websites
- Interdistrict And Inter State Travel Pass During Lockdown In Karnataka
Quarantine Regulations In Karnataka – Quarantine For Domestic Travelers Arriving In Karnataka By Air/Rail/Road
Quarantine norms to depend on where the passenger is travelling from and the duration of his/her stay in Karnataka.
- People traveling from high-risk states to stay in institutional quarantine at their own cost for 7 days and home quarantine for the next 7 days.
|All other states
- Pregnant women, terminally ill patients, children below the age of 10 years and senior citizens above the age of 80 years exempted from institutional quarantine if swab test on arrival has negative test results.
- People traveling from all other states to stay in home quarantine for 14 days is a swab test conducted on the 5-7th day after arrival has negative test results.
- Business travelers who will not be staying in the state for less than 5 days do not need to be quarantined as long as they hold a negative test report from an ICR approved lab. The test should have been conducted less than 2 days prior to leaving.
- Business travelers without negative test report must be tested on arrival and stay in hotels identified by the state government for institutional quarantine until a negative report is received.
- Business travelers needing to stay in Karnataka for more than 5 days must be examined at a Fever clinic to get an extra 5-day extension. Extension to be given only if the person is asymptomatic.
- 14 day home quarantine for
- Medical professionals
- Para-military staff
- Personal ambulance staff
- 14-day institutional quarantine in the organization’s quarantine facility or dedicated guest house for members of:
Quarantine Hotel Charges Per Day
- Five-star hotels
- INR 3,000 per person
- INR 3,700 per couple
- Four & three-star hotels
- INR 1,500 per person
- INR 17,00 per couple
- Budget hotels
- INR 1,200 per person
- INR 1,400 per couple
- Low budget hotels
- INR 750 per person
- INR 900 per couple
How To Get An E-Pass Via Seva Sindhu Portal?
Everyone traveling to Karnataka must get an e-pass from the Seva Sindhu portal.
All passenger details such as name, mobile number, flight number, PNR and flight date to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded by designated civil aviation/railway official to Seva Sindhu portal at least 2 hours before scheduled departure.
Passenger must apply on Seva Sindhu portal with name, mobile number, local address in Karnataka and PNR and receive acknowledgement SMS for the same. This SMS must be presented at check in counter/ to the TTE at the origin airport/ train station.
Once application is approved, passenger will get E-pass on his/her mobile phone.
E-pass must be verified on arrival in Karnataka. Health check also to be carried out.
Passenger to be quarantined as per norms.
Quarantine Regulations In Karnataka – Guidelines For International Travelers
- All passengers to undergo thermal screening. Only asymptomatic passengers to be allowed to board.
- All passengers to fill self-declaration form for submission to Health and Immigration officials on arrival.
- All travelers to give an undertaking before boarding to undergo 7 days institutional quarantine at their own cost.
- Passengers to be tested according to ICMR protocols.
- Passengers with negative test results to proceed for 7 day home quarantine
- Passengers with positive test results to be isolated at home or in COVID Care Centers if assumed to be suffering from mild cases of the infection.
- Passengers with positive test results to be sent to COVID health facilities if they show moderate/severe symptoms
- Quarantine excepted for certain people. In all such cases, passengers must use Aarogya Setu app
- Pregnant women
- People who are traveling back for a death in the family
- Terminally ill patients
- Children below the of 10 years and their parents
Follow these rules and let’s stay safe.