If you are an Aadhar card holder trying to find out how to update Aadhaar card in Karnataka, this article is for you. As per the revised rules, it is mandatory to mention Date of Birth, mobile number and email ID on the Aadhaar card.
As per the direction, there is no need to update the details of children who are below 15 years. But a child should be re-enrolled and all biometric data should be provided when he/she attains the age of 15.
Ways To Update Aadhaar Card In Karnataka
The old Aadhaar cardholders need to update their demographic details like Name, Address, Date of Birth, gender, mobile number and e-mail along with their biometric data. One should get valid address proof and documents related to the date of birth for this purpose. Only address updating is allowed online.
Individuals can update their address on their own by visiting the website https://uidai.gov.in. But here they can’t update demographic or biometric details. For that, they have to visit Aadhaar enrolment centers.
Aadhaar enrolment/update form can be obtained here
Individuals can click here to search for enrolment centers near to their place to update their Aadhaar card in enrolment center they have to provide the following details:
- Demographic information: Name, Address, Date of Birth/Age, Gender, Mobile Number, Email Address, Relationship status
- Biometric information: Iris, Finger Prints and Facial photograph
Update Aadhaar Card In Karnataka – Fee
Here are the details of charges one has to pay for Aadhaar update service:
|Mandatory Biometric Updates||Free|
|Demographic Updates||INR 50 (inclusive of GST)|
|Aadhaar Search Using e-KYC/ Find Aadhaar/ Any other tool and colour printout on A4 sheet||INR 30 per Aadhaar (including GST)|
Update Aadhaar Card In Karnataka Online – Only Address
- Through online – An individual can directly place his request for the update on the portal.
- One can use his registered mobile number or Aadhaar number to login to the portal.
- Step 1-Login to SSUP portal (Using Aadhaar and OTP),
- Select the fields ( to be updated)
- Fill the data
- Attach the original scan of the support document
- Select the BPO for the review update
- Submit the form and URN (Update Request Number) will be generated
- check the Aadhar update status using URN
UNR number will be generated after the submission of the form.
Update Aadhaar Card In Karnataka By Visiting Permanent Enrolment Centre
Here an individual can place his request for Aadhaar card update in a Permanent Enrolment Centre such as Post Office, Karnataka one etc near to him/her. He has to produce supporting documents in order to update his Aadhaar card.
Update Aadhaar Card In Karnataka – Documents Required
- PAN card
- Voter ID
- Ration/PDS Photo Card
- Driving License
- NREGS Job card
- Government Photo ID
- Bank ATM card with Photo
- Photo ID issued by recognized educational institute
- Photo credit card
- Disability ID card
- Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Tahsildar on his letterhead
- SC/ST/OBC certificate with photo
- Marriage certificate with photograph
- Post Office and Bank passbook
- Water bills (not more than three months old)
- Electricity bill ( not more than three months old)
- Telephone landline bill ( not more than three months old)
- Credit card statement
- Property tax receipt
- NREGS job card
- Insurance policy
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Pensioner card
- Caste and Domicile certificate having photo issued by State government
- Registered sale/lease/rent agreement
- Gas connection bill
Individual who does not have POI and POA may get enrolled through an introducer/Head of the Family.
How To Check Aadhar Status
One can click on this link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar to check Aadhaar status.
- One has to enter Enrolment ID (EID) provided at the time of enrolment
- Enter the Captcha Verification code to check the status.
- In case an individual has lost his EID he can retrieve it by using his registered mobile number.
Aadhaar Seeding Mandatory For School Children
According to the decision taken by the state Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Aadhaar seeding of all the students is mandatory in the state to get all the benefits. The DPI has decided to credit the scholarship and other scheme amounts to the bank accounts of the beneficiary students.
The DPI started opening bank branches for all the students in the post offices. All these bank accounts will be zero balance accounts and the students will get the scheme benefits, scholarships directly to this account.
- How to Apply for AADHAAR Card in Karnataka?
- Permanent Aadhaar Centers In South Bangalore – A Comprehensive List
- Permanent Aadhaar Centers In North Bangalore – A Comprehensive List
- How to Apply for Ration Card in Bangalore
- How to Obtain Marriage Certificate in Karnataka
- How To Apply For Caste And Income Certificates In Karnataka?
- How to Apply for Voter ID Card