Digital Continued Medical Education (CME) program, a Karnataka government initiative is to ensure that health professionals are getting the latest medical education online. Read on to know more about digital CME program.
Karnataka is one of the pioneers in the medical education and medical tourism sector. The state has the distinction of running the highest number of government-run medical colleges and hospitals.
However one of the major challenges is related to upgrading the infrastructure and ensuring that the doctor serving in the government sector will get hands-on training in the latest procedures, medical advancements.
Digital CME Program – An Overview
Keeping in mind this challenge, the Karnataka government launched digital Continued Medical Education (CME) Program. This is a program initiated by the government of Karnataka to provide online Continued Medical Education (CME) to all the in-service doctors working with the department of health and family welfare.
All the government hospitals (except those which are attached to the medical education department) are run by the health department of the state.
This scheme is beneficial for the doctors and paramedical staff working here. In order to ensure quality and universal healthcare, Government of Karnataka entered into an MoU with M/s Ominicuris Healthcare.
Digital CME Program – Implementation
Ominicuris provides a digital CME platform and e-learning modules. These e-learning modules will be prepared with the leading medical institutes of the state and Medical Associations such as the government-run:
- Bangalore Medical College
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Jayadeva Institute of Cardiology and Research Institute
- Jayanagar in Bengaluru
- Indian Dental Association(IDA)
- Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society of India (FOGSI)
As per the agreement, the health practitioners can access these modules free of cost. As it imparts education online, irrespective of time and place, interested candidates can gain knowledge about medical education.
Digital modules created by Omnicuris will include knowledge and skill enhancements. This skill enhancement will include the latest advancement in medicine (all specialities in medicine) and dentistry.
For registration log on to www.omnicuris.com
How To Get CME Certificate
- One should watch all the module videos and should pass in the entire quiz
- One has to upload softcopy of his Medical Registration Certificate
- The email ID should be verified.
- Omnicuris sends a digital certificate through email. After passing the CME quizzes only an applicant will become eligible to receive a certificate. It is advised to pass the quiz in a single attempt. There is no deadline to pass the quiz one can take his own time to complete.
- All registered medical practitioners from respective state medical council’s in India are eligible for CME certification
Enrol for digital CME Program and enhance your knowledge.
- Healthcare initiatives by Karnataka Government
- Read Textbooks Online In Karnataka By Scanning The QR Code
- How To Get Educational Loans And Scholarships In Karnataka?
- Education Department Websites