MS Ramaiah Medical College was established in the year of 1979. The college has an extensive 65 acre campus. The campus is just 7 kilometers away from Bangalore city center.
The visionary behind MS Ramaiah Medical College is Mr. M.S. Ramaiah who was a noted entrepreneur, an industrialist and a philosopher. His dream was to educate the masses and to make a huge leap in the higher education field by creating qualified professionals. “Gnanagangotri – Spring of Knowledge” was a realization of his dreams. In 1962 he started Gokula Educational Foundation and established many professional colleges.
The main building of the medical college, Vidya Soudha, has a spacious 3 lakh square feet area. It has a teaching hospital with 1050 beds. The teaching hospital has all modern facilities and specialty clinics where the students can get excellent theoretical and practical training. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore.
M B B S
- M.D Anatomy
- M.D Physiology
- M.D Biochemistry
- M D Pathology
- M D Microbiology
- M D Pharmacology
- M D Forensic Medicine
- M D Community Medicine
- M D General Medicine
- M D Pediatrics
- M D Obstetrics and Gynecology
- M D Anesthesiology
- M D Radio Diagnosis
- M D Dermatology
- M D Chest Medicine
- M S General Surgery
- M S Ophthalmology
- M S Orthopedics
- M S ENT
Super Specialty Courses
- D.M. Neurology
- D.M. Endocrinology
- D.M. Gastroenterology
- D.M. Cardiology
- D.M. Nephrology
- M.ch. Urology
- M.ch. Neurosurgery
- M.ch. Vascular Surgery
- M.ch. Plastic Surgery
- M.ch. Pediatric Surgery
POST GRADUATE MEDICAL DIPLOMA COURSES
- Diploma in Child Health (DCH)
- Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology (DGO)
- Diploma in Ophthalmology (DO)
- Diploma in Orthopedics (D. ORTHO)
- Diploma in Anesthesiology (DA)
- Diploma in Radio-diagnosis (DMRD)
- Diploma in Venerology and Dermatology (DVD)
Dental College-Courses Offered
- B D S
- M D S
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B P T)
Health Care Management-Postgraduate Course
- Master’s in Hospital Administration( MHA)
This noted medical college in Bangalore offers excellent infrastructural facilities for students. It has well furnished and technologically advanced class rooms.
It has a well maintained library which facilitates the reference needs of students, researchers and faculty members. It has subscription to more than 700 national and international medical journals. It is an active member of HELINET consortium which helps to access journals. Back volumes of journals can be accessed through PROQUEST system. More than 48 computer terminals, photocopying unit, scanning unit etc are also available in library.
Student Tracking System
MS Ramaiah Medical College in Bangalore has a student tracking system which regularly updates the progress of students. Using the password given by college the parent or the guardian of the student can check the activities of his/her from the college website.
The student mentorship program helps the student to avoid the stress of studies through personal interaction with selected teachers and counselors.
Ayurveda and Yoga
Students are exposed to Ayurveda and yoga to get a wholistic picture of the history of Indian medical tradition.
Campus life in the college is active and fun filled with adequate serenity needed for studies. Many of the students who do undergraduate courses here continue to do PG here itself due to the healthy and friendly campus atmosphere.
Food court within the campus offers healthy and hygienic food. It offers North Indian and South Indian food items to cater the needs of students from different parts of the country.
The on campus hostels can accommodate more than 1,200 students. There are regular, deluxe and NRI hostels. There is warden for every hostel. All the hostels are well furnished and provides enough security for the inmates.
Eligibility for Admission
- The candidate should have passed P.U.C. II year or 10+2 equivalent examination recognized by RGUHS securing at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidate should clear any of the below mentioned entrance examinations:
- Common Entrance Test (CET)
- All India Entrance Test (AIET)
- Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Karnataka Religious and Linguistic Minority (KRLM)
Reservation rules for SC/ST and OBC candidates will be followed as per the government of India regulations.
MS Ramaiah Medical College
M S R Nagar, MSRIT Post, Mathikere
Phone: +91-080-2360-5190/2360-1742/2360-1743/ 2360-5408
Fax: +91 – 080 – 2360-6213
Email : email@example.com
- Ayurvedic Medical colleges in Karnataka
- Dental Colleges in Karnataka
- Medical Colleges in Karnataka
- About Medical Education in Karnataka
- About Bangalore