Jain University is a deemed university located in the city of Bangalore. The university is managed by the JGI group under the aegis of the Jain University Trust. It has five campuses in Bangalore, student strength of 30000 and staff strength of over 200 well qualified teachers. The campuses spread over Bangalore are:
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Graduate Studies
- School of Graduate Studies
- Center of Management Studies
- Center for Post Graduate Studies
What Does It Offer?
Besides the undergraduate courses, Jain University offers 60 graduate, post graduate and doctoral study courses. The Faculties for Study at Jain University are:
- Faculty of Languages
- Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Technology
The Facilities Provided
- Library: The library houses a collection of over 30000 books and periodicals. It has access to other academic libraries in the city and is equipped with additional e-learning materials.
- Hostel Facilities: Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls are available at the South Bangalore campus. The rooms are comfortable and well equipped. The hostel houses a spacious gymnasium.
- Laboratories: Separate laboratories for microbiology, biotechnology, genetics, plant tissue culture, botany, chemistry, biology, physics and electronics are well equipped for use by students and research scholars.
- Sports Facilities: The 80000 square feet stadium is equipped with state of the art facilities for football, hockey, athletics, golf and basketball.
- The cafeteria on the campus serves healthy, tasty food for the students.
- Auditorium: The sprawling auditorium on campus is equipped to host seminars, conventions, college festivals and job fairs.
The research facilities in Jain University include:
- Centre for Research in Social Sciences and Education
- Centre for Research in Pure and applied sciences
- RCJ Centre for Entrepreneurship
- Centre for Disaster Mitigation
- Centre for emerging technologies
- International Centre for Aerospace Engineering and Management
In pursuit of its philosophy of education without boundaries, in pursuit of its philosophy of education without boundaries, Jain University has fostered alliances with the following institutions in India and abroad.
- All India Management Association
- Bangalore Management Association
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Bangalore Stock Exchange
- Indian Society for Technical Education
- Goethe Institute
- Nanyang Business School, Singapore
- Cambridge University, UK
- LaTrobe University, Australia
- University of Central Oklahoma, USA
- RWTH AACHEN University, Germany
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK
The Who’s Who at Jain University
Jain University is ably led by Chairman Dr Chenraj Jain. The Working Committee consists of eminent educationists and philanthropists like Dr N Sundararajan, Mr. K J Shankar and Mr. Arvind Kumar. Jain University has been active in promoting students and faculty exchange programs and lectures by eminent visiting faculty. Its well tied alliances with the industry have enabled placement of Jain University alumni with leading companies in India.
- Universities in Karnataka
- Alliance University
- Bangalore University
- Christ University
- IISC, Bangalore