Located in Mysore, Baden Powell Public School is considered to be amidst the top schools prioritizing a holistic education over just marks and medals. The school as the name suggests is a public school that is affiliated to CBSE board of education, New Delhi.
The school was founded by the Baden Powell Education Society, a concern of the Bharat Scouts and Guides of Mysore City Trust. The Scouts and Guides movement was initiated by Mr. R S Smith Baden Powell after whom the school is named.
The moral, cultural and intellectual values that the school believes in is apparent in the mode of education in the school. Having been a part of the landscape of Mysore for so long, the school is believed to be a part of the cultural and historical background associated with Mysore.
The school adheres to the latest methods of evaluation as set out by the CBSE board of education. The school strives to keep the cost of education down while upholding the integrity of the education system, a truly rare combination.
The highly qualified staff at Baden Powell Public School believe in incorporating the latest technological advancements into every day education. The school has a strict policy against the use of corporal punishment and places utmost importance on the safety of the students.
The emphasis at Baden Powell Public School is on self-motivation and inculcating the joy of learning in every student’s psyche. The school, as an educational body, believes in the development of theoretical knowledge alongside creativity and a sense of inquisition. Social responsibility and accountability is taught to every student that enters the gates of Baden Powell Public School.
- New admissions are accepted during January of every year
- The admissions are based on seniority of registration for LKG, UKG and 1st standard
- Admissions to all other classes except 10th standard are based on the results of a written exam
- Ample facilities to engage in many sports and games
- Fully equipped library
- Computer education from 1st standard
- CCTV cameras in school allow the management and parents to monitor classrooms
- LCD projectors in classrooms allow for technological advancements in pedagogy
- 3 labs dedicated to physics, biology and chemistry
- Botanical garden
- Football, hockey and cricket grounds
- Basketball, two volleyball and kho-kho, kabaddi courts
- An apt celebration of major festivals and important calendar days
- English medium of instruction
- Education curriculum and methods of evaluation affiliated to the CBSE board of education
- Experienced and motivated faculty
- A conducive learning environment
- Education aimed at holistic development of students
- Special attention paid to slow learners and gifted children
- An environment of learning that fosters self-confidence and self-esteem
- No corporal punishment
- No homework
- Remedial coaching for students who require more attention
- A green campus that supports active learning
- Opportunities to indulge in a wide-range of co-curricular activities
- Parents are regularly updated about the progress of their children
- Regular, reliable school bus facility
- Scouting and guiding activities for all students
- Fostering a global outlook and responsible citizenship
Sri Jayachamarajendra Scouts and Guides Bhavan
Guides Bhavan (Behind D.C. Office)
Mysuru – 570 005
Contact Number: +91-821-2420160