Asha Centre for Autism is a special school in Bangalore that provides education for the differently abled children. The school was established in the year 2007 under Asha Foundation, a non-profit organisation. The school provides special education to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and associated difficulties.
Autism Spectrum Disorders is a developmental disability considered to be the result of a neurological condition affecting normal brain function, development and social interaction.
Learning Programs Offered at Asha Centre for Autism, Bangalore
This special school in Bangalore offers a learning course that involves the following programs for children of various age groups having ASD:
- Early Intervention
- Group Therapy
- Individual Educational Program (IEP)
- Teaching Pre-Vocational Skills
- Art as therapy
- Horticultural therapy
- Occupational and Communication therapy
- Engages a team of special educators, assistant special educators, drama and art therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists.
- Collaborates with specialists from reputed institutes in the US
- Organizes a meet between the parents and the teachers/therapists once a month to discuss about a child’s progress and home program.
- Provides parents a regular schedule to enable them to work in coordination with the therapists.
- Organizes workshops for parents, therapists and outsiders, to keep them updated about challenging situations
- Group Therapy – 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Early Intervention – 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM