Aashianaa Institute for Special Children in Mysore is established for the welfare of Autistic/ M.R. children. Children born with these conditions suffer from certain disabilities and often do not get admission in regular schools. Aashianaa Institute for Special Children offers such children an opportunity to grow, learn and move ahead in life.
The institute focuses on teaching autistic / M.R. children the skills that they need to become independent and self-reliant.
Learning Programs Offered at Aashianaa Institute for Special Children, Mysore
The school imparts the following programs and skills for children of various age groups:
- Pre-academic and academic skills
- Communication skills
- Group training
- Physical exercise
- Extracurricular activities
- Yoga training
- The school engages volunteers from All India Institute of Speech & Hearing, JSS Institute of Speech & Hearing and other organizations to provide full-fledged physiotherapy treatment to the children
- The institute arranges for speech therapy that is provided by interns from the above mentioned institutions
- The institute offers parent counselling to help parents to carry out part of education & training of the child at home
- The institute conducts workshop for the parents of Autistic kids
- The institute conducts educational trips and fancy dress competitions for the students
- The school organizes cultural programs where the students participate and display their skills in singing, dancing, painting, etc.