Kabbe Homestay Resort Overview
The resort is run by a couple, Dilip and Vidya. Dilip, who has had several years of experience working with Tata Tea, decided to return to his ancestral home Coorg and open a homestay for tourists.
There are three types of accommodation available – Deluxe Cottages, Deluxe Rooms and Luxury Rooms. The cottages and rooms are extremely well maintained and the hosts are warm and friendly people, who’ll make you feel at-home and relaxed.
The accommodation comes with power back-up, and amenities like a microwave, fridge, and laundry service, doctor-on-call and satellite TV. There are many activities that you can take up during your stay like trekking, going on a wildlife safari and exploring the plantation. The hosts also provide a guided tour of the plantation and a guided tour to the Chelavara Falls.
How to Get to the Resort
Kabbe Holidays in Coorg lies 272 km away from Bangalore and 172 km from Mysore. It is a five hour drive from Bangalore and the route is mostly scenic. It lies 45 km from Madikere and 27 km from Virajpet, which houses the nearest major bus terminus.
S. Coorg, Karnataka – 571 212
Tel: (08272) 200658
Mob: (0) 9845446652 or (0) 9448976460 or (0) 7259278429
- The rates differ according to the season. The peak seasons are April-May and Dec-Jan. The mid season falls around Aug 11th-Nov 30th and Jan 16th-Mar 30th. The low season is from Jun 1st-Aug 10th.
- The charge per couple for a cottage may range from INR 3800 during the peak seasons to INR 3000 during the off season.
- For deluxe rooms, INR 3250 during the peak season to INR 2000 during the off season is the normal charge.
- For luxury rooms, INR 2900 during the peak seasons to INR 2000 during off season is the normal charge.
- Children between 5-12 years of age will be charged INR 600 per head, while children between 12-17 years will be charged INR 500 to INR 700.
Activities and Things to Do
- Kabbe is a great place that offers options for a lot of recreational activities.
- If you’re on a casual holiday, you can take a walk through the coffee and spice plantations.
- You can visit the estate stream and the river below or visit the Chelavara Falls nearby.
- If you are an avid trekker, you can check out the trekking trails that lead to Kabbe hills, Somakundu, Thadiyandamolu hills, Nalaknad Palace and the nearby waterfalls.
- There’s even a trail that leads to the nearby Kerala border.
- There are many tourist spots like Talakaveri and the Nagarahole sanctuary that you can visit.