Looking for the list of Vipassana centers in Karnataka? You have come to the right place. Ask anyone how to fight stress and they’ll tell you to meditate. Take a deep breath and center yourself. Of the many forms of meditation, Vipassana is believed to be one of the most beneficial.
While this a technique linked to Buddha, it is not limited to Buddhists or a religious rite. This meditation technique dates back to thousands of years and is taught in ten-day residential courses. Vipassana centers are located not just in India but around the world.
Vipassana Centers In Karnataka – What To Expect From The Course?
There are multiple levels of Vipassana courses you can attend. The basic level course is spread over 10 days. Each day is broken up into segments of meditation and theoretical learning about the effects of meditation and the thought behind it.
Courses are conducted throughout the year. Some are for men and women while others are gender specific. They are conducted in English, Hindi, and local languages like Kannada.
These courses are conducted at Vipassana centers and a few non-center locations. Attendees must live on the premises for the duration of the course with accommodation and vegetarian food provided by the center. There are no charges for attending the course or living in the Vipassana center. All expenses are covered by donations.
Vipassana students who have completed the initial 10-day course can attend the course again at any time or attend 3-day refresher courses. You can also attend longer courses to be certified as a Vipassana teacher.
Locations Of Vipassana Centers In Karnataka
There are 5 Vipassana centers in Karnataka. These are at:
- Dhamma Paphulla Vipassana Meditation & Research Centre, Tumkur Rd, Alur, Karnataka 562123
- Dhamma Sukhalaya Vipassana International Meditation Center, Arehalli, Bangalore, Karnataka – 562114
- Dhamma Vana Vipassana International Meditation Center, Nadappanahalli, R. Nagar Taluk (Mysuru District) Karnataka – 571617
- Davanagere Vipassana Meditation and Research Center, Davangere, Karnataka – 577003
- Dhamma Nadī Vipassana Meditation Center, Kuntebettu, Shivapura, Chara Post, Hebri, Taluka, Udupi District – 576112
Vipassana Centers In Karnataka – Contact Details
- Website: www.dhamma.org
- Phone: 080 2371 2377
- E-mail: email@example.com
Finding A Vipassana Course
The list of courses is constantly updated on the Dhamma website here. To see the courses most relevant to you:
- first, click on the tab for new students/ old students/ children or teens/ executives.
- Select a time period, and your preferred location in terms of the state and the course languages.
- The course details will then be listed with dates, availability of seat,s and course prerequisites if any.
- You can then submit an application for the course of your preference.