A ration card is considered to be a vital document for Indian citizens. It is often used as an identification proof while applying for several other documents like Domicile Certificate, entry of name in Electoral Rolls, etc. The Karnataka Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs started the process for registration of ration card through online application from 15th January, 2013 onwards.
Who can apply for a ration card in Bangalore?
- Families without ration cards
- Members belonging to divided families
- Couples who have newly married
- Temporary ration card holders with expired cards
Documents and information needed for application of new ration cards in Bangalore
- Region of Food Department
- Recent Electricity Bill
- Photo ID
- Full Residential Address with PIN code
- Name of family members and relationship with the applicant
- Occupation and annual income
- Details of LPG connection
- Contact information along with phone and/or mobile number
- Unmarried people must provide address of parents
Procedure to apply for online ration card in Bangalore
- SMS the name of the applicant to 9212357123 from your mobile phone
- You will receive a token number and a security code on your mobile phone
- Find out a valid ration card holder who would act as your introducer
- Your family members will be needed for biometric fingerprint scans and photographs
- Open your online ration card application in the presence of your introducer
- Provide the details of your family members as required in the online application form
- Upload the photographs and biometrics of your family members and yourself
- Your recent electricity bill, photo proof ID and address proof should be scanned from the original copies and uploaded at the photo biometric-center
- Your introducer must also carry his or her original ration card and recent electricity bill while accompanying you to the photo biometric-center
- Download the self-declaration and sign it
- Scan the declaration and upload the document online.
- You will receive a printed acknowledgement of your application from the photo and biometric service centre.
The status of your ration card application can be tracked online at http://ahara.kar.nic.in.
Toll Free Number: 1-800-425-9339
Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department
No 8, Marketing Federation Building
Bangalore – 560 052
Help Line: 1800 425 9339