Every year on Independence Day and Republic day, flower shows are organized at the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. The event is jointly organised by Department of Horticulture and Mysore Horticulture Society., this flower show has been one of the most awaited events in the Garden City.
The 2015 Republic Day edition of Lalbagh flower show is the 201th flower show! A remarkable milestone. This year the flowr show would use over 200 varieties of flowers and 20,000 pots for decoration. Over 500,000 visitors are expected to see this famous flower show.
Fascinating Fabrication of Flowers
- Replica of Red Fort is going to be the major attraction of this flower show.
- The replica of Red Fort has been recreated with 300,000 roses, height of 28ft and the length of 50ft.
- US President Barack Obama is the Chief Guest for this Republic Day 2015 in Delhi. In view of this a replica of Statue of Liberty is being displayed.
A Peek into the Flower Fiesta
This 10 day floral extravaganza at Lalbagh that started on January 17 will go on till January 26, 2015. All the flowers and plants displayed at the Flower Show are detailed with definite information.
The cool and sublime weather condition of Bangalore adds to the splendor of the Flower Show in more ways than one way. Undoubtedly, a must visit place for the whole family.
Lalbagh Flower Show Quick Facts
- Flower show is open from January 17 to January 26, 2015.
- Every year the parking spot is changing in view of security. Pedestrians can enter the flower show from any of the 4 gates.
- The entry fee is priced at Rs. 50 on holidays for adults. On all other days the entry fee is Rs 40 for adults.
- Entry fee for children on all days is Rs 10.
- You can buy the tickets to Lalgabh flower show online.
- Entry of private vehicles has been banned into Lal Bagh by The Horticulture Department.
- School buses are allowed into the garden through the Double Road gate.
- There are cloak rooms at each entrance of the Lal Bagh Botanical Garden.
- 40 CCTVs, hidden cameras and drone cameras have been used for providing security.
- Timings: 9 am to 6 pm