Honnemaradu in Karnataka is situated in the Shimoga district which is about 25 kms from Sagara towards Jog Falls. Situated on the back waters of the Sharavathi river, Honnemaradu is famous for being the home to a wide variety of water sports.
The shimmering waters under the blue firmament will cajole any water sports lover to venture into the lake and enjoy the adventures sports. Windsurfing, coracling, canoeing, kayaking and scuba diving are the various water activities people participate in when visiting Honnemaradu.
Nestled in the greenery of the Western Ghats in a widely spread area of 50 km by 80 km that houses the lake, the reservoir is exclusively for those looking forward to have fun with water sports.
Best time to visit these places is in early Winter.
How to Reach Honnemaradu Falls
- By Road: From Madikeri it is best to catch a local transport (jeep or taxi) to the coffee estate. From here it is a 10 minutes walk to the waterfalls through the coffee fields.
- Nearest Railway Station: Thalaguppa, Shimoga
- Nearest Airport: Mangalore International Airport
- By Road: From Bangalore 400 kms, Thalaguppa 12 kms
- Other Water falls in Karnataka
- Dams in Karnataka
- Rivers in Karnataka
- Trekking in Karnataka
- About Shimoga