Looking for the schedule of Mysore Dasara? Here is Mysore Dasara events, schedule, and venue.
412 Dasara celebrations will begin on September 26 and end on 5 October. The President of India inaugurated the Dasara atop the Chamundi hills. She is the first president to inaugurate the Dasara.
The world-famous Jambo Savari will be held on October 5. CM Basavaraja Bommai will inaugurate the Savari after performing the Nandidvaja puja.
Thawar Chand Gehlot will be the chief guest of the Torch Light Parade which will be held after 7.30 pm on October 5 at Bannimantapa grounds. CM Basavaraja Bommai will be the chief guest.
Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman, parliamentary affairs minister Prahlada Joshi, and other dignitaries will participate in this event.
Mysore Dasara Helpline
Till October 5, tourists can approach 0821-2444777 for information and complaints related to the city- Dasara celebrations. This helpline service is available between 6 am and 10 pm.
Mysore Dasara Events 2022 – Palace Illumination
- Mysore Palace will be illuminated with more than 97,000 bulbs.
- 07.00 PM to 09.00 PM from 26th September 2022 to 04th October 2022
- 07.00 PM to 10.00 PM on 05th October 2022
Mysore Dasara Events 2022 – Highlights
- Rangoli Chittara: 7.30 am: Mysuru palace
- Yoga Vahini: 8 am: Javaregowda Park, Saraswathipuram
- Puneeth Film Festival: Mall of Mysore, MG Road
- Industrial expo by women entrepreneurs: JK grounds.
- Medical exhibition: Mysuru Medical College and Research Institute
- Yuva Dasara: Maharaja College ground
- Yoga Sambhrama: 6 am: Palace premises
- Dasara Darshana: 9.30 am: Palace premises
- Kavigosti: 11.30 am: Kalamandir
- Heritage cycle ride: 7 am: Townhall
- Yoga competition: 9 am: Dasara exhibition grounds
- Children’s Dasara: 11.30 am: Jaganmohana palace
- Urdu Kavigosti: 7 pm: Classic convention hall, Bengaluru-Mysuru road
- Yoga chain: 6 am: palace premises
- Heritage Tonga ride: 7 am: Townhall
- Farmers Dasara: 9 am: palace premises
- Farm exhibition: 10.30 am: JK grounds
- Yuva Kavigosti: 10.30 am: UoM campus
- Dasara award for farmers: 11 am: JK grounds
- Nalvadi Krishnaraja Wadiyar Jayanti: 4 pm: palace premises.
- Rural Dasara: 6 am: Nanjangud temple
- Heritage walk: 7 am: Townhall
- Farmers sports meet: 10 am: Oval grounds
- Regional Kavigosti: 10.30 am: UoM campus
- Art exhibition: 11 am: Kalamandir
- Milking competition: 11 am: JK grounds
- Kavigosti: 2.30 pm: UoM campus
- Police band: 7 pm: palace premises.
- Pet exhibition: 10 am: hockey ground
- Yoga mountaineering: 6 am: Chamundi hills footsteps
- Kavigosti: 10.30 am: UoM campus
Jambu Savari: 5.07 pm to 5 18 pm
There will be various cultural events in front of the palace between September 26 and October 4.
Check the official website for more information: https://mysoredasara.gov.in/
Mysore Dasara Events 2022 – Live Stream
- Facebook Link: https://facebook.mysoredasara.gov.in
- YouTube Link: https://youtube.mysoredasara.gov.in
- Website Link: https://mysoredasara.gov.in/
Mysore Dasara – An Overview
The Mysore Dasara or the Navarathri is a 10-day festival that falls in the month of September or October. Mysore Dasara is the “Nadahabba” or the State-Festival of the State of Karnataka, called as “Navaratri” meaning Nine-Nights, a 10-day festival, celebrated with utmost spectacle and joy in the city of Mysore.
The Dasara festivities have a rich history of more than 400 years. During this 10 days festival, the normally calm and peaceful city transforms into a hub of celebrations and activities.
The celebration is divided into:
- Rural Dasara
- Yuva Dasara
- Children’s Dasara
- Farmer’s Dasara
- Women’s Dasara
- Yoga Dasara
Mysore Dasara Events 2022- Highlights
- It is 412 years since Mysore started celebrating Dasara
- The festival began in the 14th century
- Mysore Palace will be illuminated with around 100,000 bulbs
The Navarathri festivities start with the lighting up of the Mysore Palace with 100,000 light bulbs in the evenings for the duration of the festival. It takes place from 7.00 PM – 10.00 PM.
There is a food mela that is organised in the Scouts and Guides ground. There are also various cultural programs held at the Mysore Palace, Jaganmohan Palace, Kalamandir, Kuppanna Park, Ganabharati, and Nadabrahma.
Other Related Articles
- In Kannada: ದಸರಾ 2022: ನೀವು ತಿಳಿಯಬೇಕಾದ ಸಂಗತಿಗಳು
- About Mysore Palace
- About Dasara
- Dasara Parade
- Dasara Dibba – A Wonderful Stone Platform
Mysore Dasara Events – A Comprehensive List
Mysuru is known for Yoga. Keeping a date with this, the Yoga Dasara will be organised in the city between September 30 and October 6 in various places across the city. It will be the major attraction for the tourists as yoga teachers and students will perform various asanas in this Dasara event.
The Department of Archaeology is organising the Heritage Dasara on October 3 at the Exhibition authority office premises near Basaveshwar circle. Various traditional games will be played in this Dasara festival and winners will be awarded prizes.
The traditional games competitions which will be organised in this Dasara include tiger and sheep etc.
Dasara Water Sports
More adventures and entertaining water sports has been organised as a part of Dasara 2019 in Outback adventures, Varuna lake.
Every year, Youth Dasara attracts same the audience as the main Dasara. This year the annual youth Dasara will be celebrated between September 27 at the Maharaja College ground.
Dasara exhibition is famous for the goods and products from across South India. The exhibition will be one of the most famous events of the Dasara since the last 70 years. This exhibition is conducted at the exhibition grounds of the city.
Dasara Flower Show
Every year lakhs of people especially visitors throng to the Kuppanna park in the heart of the city to enjoy the Dasara flower show. Theme-based flower decorations, and replicas are the major attraction of this show. It can be compared with the Lalbagh flower show.
With the idea of providing a platform for the sports persons to exhibit their skill and talent, every year Dasara sports are organised. It is a national-level event. The sports event will be held at Chamundi Vihar Stadium in the Banni Mantap.
The tourists shall not miss the Samskrutika Dasara which will be held in the majestic backdrop of Mysuru Palace. Starting from September 27, till the end, cultural performances by well-known artists from across the country are organised in front of the palace.
Cultural programmes will be organised in different parts of the city as a part of the Dasara. Reality show talents from various channels will exhibit their musical talent on the stage. A team `Miracle on wheels’ by physically challenged will stage their extraordinary performance at the palace premises.
Along with this various cultural programmes like drama, dance drama, folk dance, folk songs, Bharathnatyam, Yakshagaana, shows have been organised in different places of the city like Kalamandira, Jaganmohan Palace, Ganabharathi, Chikka Gadiyara, Town Hall, Nadabrahma Sangeetha Sabha and Kiru Ranga Mandira.
From the native cuisine of Soliga, Jenu Kuruba and other tribal to the cuisine of Gujarat, Kashmir, one can taste a variety of food here. It will be organised at the Scouts and Guides ground in the city. The entire area is divided into the vegetarian and non-vegetarian pavilion.
Mysuru province was known for patronising the wrestling. Even today Garadi (wrestling training centres) can be found on each street of the city. According to this tradition, every year, the wrestling competition is also organised as part of the Dasara. In the wrestling competition, wrestlers from across South India participate.
Women And Children’s Dasara
This event is exclusively organised for women and children. The event is organised between September 29 and October 4 at the GK grounds near the city railway station. Various events and competitions are organised for women and children.
On September, 30 on oval grounds, farmer’s Dasara will be held. It will be organised exclusively for farmers from across the state. Various traditional competitions will be organised for the farmers in this Dasara.
Dasara Torch Parade
After the Dasara Jambu Savari, the soldiers and artists from across the country will perform various stunts at the night of October 5 at the Bannimantapa grounds. Governor of the Karnataka will be the chief guest of this event.
Mysore Dasara Event – The Jamboo Savari
The Jumbo Savari (Mysore Dasara Procession) is held on the streets of Mysore city on Vijayadashami. It starts from the Mysore Palace and culminates at a place called Bannimantap.
The main attraction of this procession is the idol of the Goddess Chamundeshwari, which is placed on a golden mantapa on the top of a decorated elephant. This idol is worshipped by the royal couple and other invited guests before it is taken around in the procession.
Colourful tableaux, dance groups, music bands, decorated elephants, horses, and camels form a part of the procession. After the Jamboo Savari a torchlight parade takes place in the evening at the Bannimantap Parade Grounds.