Want to know about the best cancer hospitals in Karnataka that offers free cancer treatment? Here is a list of 5 charitable cancer centers in Mysore, Bangalore, and Mangalore.
Cancer is said to be one of the biggest killers. While those who can afford it travel to hospitals around the country and the world to get every available form of treatment, the poor have fewer choices.
Treatment at most multi-specialty hospitals is beyond their budget. But, thankfully, this is a subject that many charitable institutions are paying attention to. Here’s a quick look at some of the top charitable cancer hospitals in Karnataka.
List Of Cancer Hospitals In Karnataka
This hospital in Mangalore provides medical and surgical treatment for cancer patients in Shimoga, Kodagu, Chikkamagalur, Chitradurga, Bellary, Haveri, Dharwad, Koppal, Tumkur, Davanagere, and Hassan. The hospital’s efforts are supported by the Tata Trusts which have set up radiation and nuclear medicine center adjacent to the hospital.
- Address: University Road, Deralakatte, Mangalore, Karnataka – 575018
- Phone: + 91 82 4220 6000
2. Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital And Research Centre (SSCHRC)
The Sri Shankara Cancer Hospital and Research Centre (SSCHRC) established by the Sri Sringeri Sharada Peetham Charitable Trust and Shri Shankara Cancer Foundation works on cancer awareness and treatment, Of the 200 beds in the hospital, 21 are reserved for the poor and needy to get free treatment.
- Address: 1st Cross, Shankara Matt Premises, Shankarapuram, Basavanagudi, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560004
- Phone: + 91 80 2698 1000
This hospital trust is a project by the Rotary Bangalore Indiranagar and the Indian Cancer Society. They offer free-of-cost palliative care to poor cancer patients in advanced stages of the disease. The Bagchi-Karunashraya Palliative Care Centre has many beds dedicated to in-patients from the poorer sections of society.
- Address: 40, Varthur Rd, Vaikuntam Layout, Lakshminarayana Pura, Kundalahalli, Marathahalli, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560037
- Phone: + 91 80 2847 6133
4. Bharath Charitable Cancer Hospital And Institute
This is a super specialty hospital that provides treatment for cancer patients at highly subsidized rates. It is a registered non-profit organization and has been awarded the Rajyothsava Award by the Karnataka state government.
- Address: # 438, Outer Ring Road, Hebbal, Mysore, Karnataka – 570017
- Phone: + 91 82 1230 0600
5. Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology
This regional cancer hospital is recognized as a center of excellence for oncology. It offers a positive environment for cancer patients to recover and the best-quality cancer treatment. They offer sophisticated diagnostic and treatment services at nominal rates.
- Address: Dr. MH, Marigowda Rd, Hombegowda Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560029
- Phone: +91 80666 97999