The resort offers a wide variety of facilities that you, as a guest, can choose from. It provides tents, which are ideal for the adventurous lot who love the outdoors. These tents are located along the beach with or without air conditioners. The resort also provides Earth Cottages and Sun Cottages; and these cottages have a similar architecture and a uniquely homely touch in their interiors.
Sai Vishram houses the luxurious Bhatkal House which is designed like an ethnic Konkan Villa in a very grand manner. All cottages in this resort face the sea and each cottage has its own private sit out. The resort does not offer any room service, there is a common dining area for all residents to eat and interact with the other guests. There are no television sets or telephones as the management believes in helping mankind reconnect with nature.
How to Get to the Resort
The resort can be easily accessed by air or through road. The nearest airport is at Mangalore, from where the resort can take about an hour to reach by road. There are luxurious trains which run all the way to Mangalore or Bhatkal which is just before Byndoor.
You can get direct travel options to Mangalore from Bangalore, Goa and Mumbai. There are also comfortable private buses which you can opt for. The management also arranges for pick up and drop from Mangalore to the resort but only upon prior notice.
Contact Information and Pricing
The pricing in this resort is very moderate and affordable.
- Deluxe rooms range from INR 2000-2500 per night
- Cozy tents are priced at INR 3000-3500 per night
- The Earth Cottage or Bhatkal House costs INR 4000 per night
- The Water Cottage costs around INR 4500 per night
- The Sun Cottage is the most expensive at INR 5000 per night
The resort offers complimentary beverages in the morning and evening
Activities and Things to do
Sai Vishram has a number of exciting activities that will keep you busy throughout your stay.
- You can sit along the beach and enjoy the sea breeze while taking in the magnificent view.
- The resort offers options for exhilarating activities such as Jet Ski rides, Scuba Diving options, and facilities for Snorkeling, Rappelling, playing Paintball, and Kayaking.
- You can also opt for Waterfall Treks if an adrenaline rush is what you want.
- On the cultural front there many artistic temples that you can visit in and around the region.