Anyone who is visiting the Mysore District in Karnataka will definitely come across the name of The Serai Group, mainly due to the famous resort that they have built here. The Serai Resorts is the perfect haven for relaxing when you visit Kabini, the home of the largest elephant herd in Asia.
The beauty of the strategically located resort is further enhanced by the magnificent river Kabini along with the incredible wildlife here. The River Kabini runs between two well-known wildlife sanctuaries, Bandipur and Nagarhole.
This resort brings you the best of both worlds, cozy, and luxurious interiors, and scenic views of nature that surround it.
Its multi-cuisine restaurant offers heavenly coffee with the choicest mouthwatering delicacies. This resort is ideal for that traveler who is seeking a place to unwind in peaceful surroundings and refresh their mind and body in luxury, whilst enjoying the beauty provided by Mother Nature to form of birds, animals, and trees.
Facilities at the Serai Resorts
Air-conditioned and fully furnished, the rooms open out to the majestic river, giving you that heavenly experience. All the rooms have the basic amenities like broadband connection, televisions, tea and coffee makers, mini bar, electronic safe, luggage rack, hairdryer and basic toiletries.
Water front villas are equipped with Jacuzzis. The higher end room occupants are provided with hammocks if they fancy a quick outdoor nap.
- Room bookings are dependent on the season and the available packages at that time
- Three types of accommodation is available – Water front verandah, water front villa and residence
- You have a choice to opt for any of the packages – Monsoon, Winter, and Festival
- You can also check out the special weekend package
How to Reach the Serai Resorts
The resort is approximately 200km away from Bangalore. Here is the detailed direction by road.
- As you drive in from Bangalore, just before entering Mysore, leave the main highway and get onto the New Outer Ring Road.
- down the road, take the right exit which takes you to H D Kote Village
- 45km down the road, you will arrive at the H D Kote Village which is at the intersection of two roads. As you go further, you will come across the signpost of Kabini Dam, a few kilometers ahead.
- Take a left to Thannirhalla junction. At the junction, take a right turn to Chikmagalur.
- Travel for another 50km, and avoid turning left on the road that leads to Kabini Dam. Instead take the right turn to Antarasante village. Once you get through the village, and pass the check post , and turn left at the entrance of Rajiv Gandhi National Park.
- Continue driving straight. After about 9km, you will come to Jungle Lodges, where you take a left turn. You will reach the welcoming haven of The Serai Kabini after about a kilometer.
The nearest airport is Mysore, although Kempegowda International Airport can be used as an alternative.
The nearest railway station is Mysore. From here one can reach the resort by road.
Address: The Serai Resorts Kabini, No – 60/1, Nishana, Karapura , Antarasante Hobli, HD Kote , Taluk, Mysore 571114 (MAP)
Phone: +91 080 4001 2200
Tariff for Two Night Summer Packages
- Waterfront Verandahs –INR 38,500/ weekends and INR 35,500/- weekdays
- Waterfront Villas – INR 42,000/- weekends and INR 39,500/ weekdays
- Residence – INR 55,000/- weekends and INR 51,500/- weekdays
Attractions and Activities
- Jungle safari (By boat or by vehicle)
- Bird watching (About 300 species are seen throughout the year)
- Pedal boating
- Joy boat ride
- Cycling ( The resort of known for some good bicycle trails)
- Bone fire nights
- Nature walk
- Romantic Dinners
- Rejuvenating spa experience
Local Sightseeing and Activities near the Serai Resorts
- Take a boat ride to the Bhimmana Kohli Temple
- The Siddhegowda Temple
- Tamarind tree that is mentioned in the historic epic, Mahabharat