The Mysore District in the state of Karnataka is quite well known and the resort operated by The Serai Group is highly recommended in this district. People planning on a South Indian tour make it a point to visit Kabini, and they generally enjoy the sights around the district while staying at The Serai Kabini.
The resort provides cozy and extremely luxurious interiors, while providing scenic views of the outside world at the same time – bringing to you the best of both worlds.
It offers aromatic coffee along with other mouthwatering dishes through its multi cuisine restaurant. The Serai Resort is the perfect haven for people who seek peace and solitude along with some luxurious service.
The rooms in the resort provide a perfect and eclectic combination of exquisiteness and uniqueness. The resort has air conditioned rooms that very well furnished, and amenities like televisions, coffee makers, tea makers and broadband connectivity will be available in all rooms. Front water villas with Jacuzzis are also present in this resort, and hammocks will be provided with the higher end rooms so that you can catch a quick nap in the outdoors.
- You can book your rooms depending upon the season and the packages available for the same
- There are three types of rooms – Residence, Waterfront Verandahs and Waterfront Villas
- The packages you can opt for include Monsoon Packages, Winter Packages and Festival Packages
- There’s a special weekend package that you can check out too
How to Get To the Resort
- Just before entering Mysore from Bangalore, turn right off the main highway onto the new Outer Ring Road.
- Approximately 20 kilometers down the Ring Road take the exit to the right leading to H D Kote village.
- 45 kilometers later is the HD Kote Hand-Post at the intersection of two roads, a few kilometers ahead of which you will see the Kabini Dam signboard.
- Take a left and then come to Thannirhalla junction. At Thannirhalla take a right turn to Chikmagalur and go forward for another 50 km.
- Avoid the left turn, which leads to the dam, and turn right turn to reach Antarasante village. Drive through the village, proceed past the check post and turn left at the Rajiv Gandhi National Park entrance.
- Just 9 kilometers straight ahead is Jungle Lodges. A left turn here and a short drive of a kilometer will bring you to The Serai Kabini. Welcome!
By Train: Mysore city is the nearest railway station to Serai Kabini.
By Air: Mysore is the nearest airport. Airport at Bangalaore can be used as alternatives.
Contact Information and Pricing
You can make online reservations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Serai Kabini
No, – 60/1, Nishana, Karapura Village,
Antarasante Hobli, HD Kote Taluk,
Mysore 571114 Karnataka
Phone: +91 99456 02305
Fax : +91 8228 264507
Waterfront Verandahs cost INR 25,200 during the weekends and INR 23,800 during the weekdays; and waterfront villas cost INR 26800 (during the weekends) and INR 25,500 (during the weekdays).
Residences cost INR 35,300 (during the weekends) and INR 33,400 (during the weekdays).
Activities and Things to Do
Taking up the many activities offered by the resort would be time consuming, so if you are staying less than three days you can probably skim through this list to take up a few of them:
- Nature Walks
- Jungle Safaris
- Boat riding
- Bicycle Trails
- Bird Watching
- Star Gazing
You could also visit some places that are well known:
- The temple site of Bhimmana Kohli
- The tamarind tree mentioned in the Mahabharata
- The Siddhegowda Family Temple