Want to know COVID Restrictions in Karnataka? With COVID numbers increasing again, the Karnataka state government has introduced new restrictions to curb the spread of the disease. There will be no relaxation till April 20th.
COVID Restrictions in Karnataka For Schools
- Classes 6, 7, 8 and 9 to be suspended
- Classes 10, 11 and 12 can continue but in-person attendance is not mandatory
- Classes for all higher and professional courses will also be suspended except for those classes held for Board/ University exams and Health sciences
- Boarding schools and hostels will be closed for all classes except 10, 11 and 12 as well as for students who attend higher and professional courses and will be appearing inboard/university exams.
COVID Restrictions in Karnataka For Residential Complexes
- Common facilities such as the club house, gym, swimming pool, party hall, etc. shall be closed
COVID Restrictions in Karnataka For Public Spaces
- Gyms and theaters can function with 50% occupancy
- No rallies or dharnas will be allowed
- Places of worship to remain open but functions or gatherings will not be permitted
- Cinema halls will remain open but subject to 50% seating capacity. All patrons are to occupy alternate seats.
- Number of customers in restaurants, pubs, clubs and bars to be limited to 50% capacity in the districts of urban and rural Bengaluru, BBMP, Mysuru, Dakshin Kannada, Kalburgi, Bidar, Udupi and Hubali-Dharwad.
- Departmental stores, markets and shopping malls to remain open and to take responsibility for maintaining COVID protocols. Failing to comply with regulations will result in the facility being closed down.
- Restrictions on public gatherings, religious festivals and Jathras to continue
- Public transport will continue to ply but with limited seating capacity
- Offices to follow work from home as far as possible
In addition to these regulations, citizens must still follow COVID protocols. When stepping out, children and adults must wear a mask irrespective of whether they have received a vaccination shot or not. Regular hand washing and sanitization must also continue. You must also make efforts to maintain physical distancing in public spaces.
- List Of COVID Vaccine Hospitals In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Hospitals In Bangalore
- What To Do If You Are Tested COVID Positive – BBMP East Zone Positive Case Guidelines