Lumbini Gardens is a water-front leisure park in Bangalore. This public park is situated on the banks of the Nagavara Lake that is located on the Outer Ring Road of Hebbal. The park stretches over an area of 1.5 km along the lake. The place is popular as an eco-friendly boating zone and a family entertainment destination.
The park has the capacity to entertain around 5000 guests every day. Built at a cost of Rs. 10 crore, the place has the unique distinction of offering a 12500 sq ft large artificial beach in a city that lacks a real beach.
The beauty of the Lumbini Gardens, Bangalore
Lumbini Gardens is a place with beautiful landscaping. This water-front amusement park has a large pool. A well maintained garden forms a part of the park. The garden is covered with various flowering plants, bushes and some really amazing statues. The park has a neatly laid out walking path that is decorated with several well-crafted sculptures.
The greenery of the place is ideal for spending a relaxed day and the calming effect of the water adds to the beauty of the park. In the evenings the place awakens to the illumination of numerous lights that make it a visual delight. The place also has food courts that serve various kinds of food items. Visitors can take part in the adventures of the park or enjoy a leisurely boat ride across the Nagavara Lake. It is a place that is popular as a picnic spot and a weekend destination for the people of Bangalore.
Main attractions of the Lumbini Gardens, Bangalore
The Lumbini Gardens extends a number of attractions for visitors of all age groups. Among the main attractions of the park are the Wave pool, a variety of rides for kids, several amusement rides that include dry rides as well as water rides and a number of boating options.
Boating In Lumbini Gardens
One of the main attractions of Lumbini Gardens is the various kinds of boat rides it offers on the Nagavara Lake. These include rides on pedal boats, general boats, coffee boats, battery boats, etc. Boat rides can be enjoyed on 2-seater boats, 4-seater boats or in boats that can accommodate families and groups. The rides can be booked for various time slots. The coffee boat ride allows visitors to enjoy a cup of coffee while cruising on the lake. The coffee boat ride takes 20 people on each ride around the pool. Jet skis are also available for those visitors who are of a more adventurous kind.
The wave pool of Lumbini Gardens is a major attraction of the place. The pool consists of an artificial beach that attracts visitors of all age groups. The waves of the pool are not huge and that makes it possible for visitors to take a dip here. The 100 meter long pool also has a water slide for the amusement of visitors. A team of lifeguards keep vigil near the pool for the safety of the people getting into the water. There are decent changing rooms and toilets near the pool for the benefit of the adventure seekers. Visitors can carry shorts or swimwear if they plan to enter the pool while visiting the garden.
Rides for kids
Lumbini Gardens is a wonderful place for the kids as it contains a large children play area. The park has some amazing attractions to keep the little ones busy. Apart from the regular swings and slides the place also has a number of exciting rides for children of various age groups. Among the rides and attractions available at the park are:
- Merry-go-rounds in several shapes and sizes
- A toy train shaped like a giraffe
- Battery operated cars
- Twirling Vortex fantasy ride
- Spanish bull fight rides
- Bungee jumping on a trampoline
- Caterpillar Ride
- Columbus Ride
- Break dance ride
- Pirate ship
- Bouncy ride
- A 25 foot high statue of Buddha that stands grandly inside the park
- A clock tower that resembles the Big Ben of London
Lumbini Gardens also allows the hosting of parties and events there. The place can be used to host birthday parties, school picnics, wedding receptions, corporate events, etc. There is a party hall facing the lake that is ideal for arranging parties and events.
Summer Special Carnival at Lumbini Gardens
Lumbini Gardens arranges and organises carnivals from time to time. At present the park is organising a kids’ carnival for the summer of 2014.
Entry fees and other charges at the Lumbini Gardens, Bangalore
- The entry fee to the park is Rs. 50. Kids below the age of 3 years are not charged while entering the park.
- Camera fee is Rs. 30
- Charge for wave pool entry is Rs. 100
Advice for visitors to the Lumbini Gardens, Bangalore
While planning a trip to the Lumbini Gardens it is essential to keep in mind the following points:
- There are charges for the various boat rides like the pedal boats, general boats, coffee boats, etc.
- Outside food and beverages are not allowed inside the park
- Visitors have to pay for the food and beverages available at the food courts and coffee shop
- Though lifeguards are available, it is advisable to wear life jackets during the boat rides on the lake
- It is advisable to be on guard against mosquitoes that inundate the garden in the late evening hours
- The place is generally crowded on weekends and long queues form for the various boat rides
- During summer it is advisable to carry sunglasses and caps while visiting the park
- Jet skis can be hired by visitors but are not frequently available
- The park has plenty of parking space and so, visitors can drive in to the place in their own cars
Timings for visiting the Lumbini Gardens, Bangalore
- The timings for visiting the Lumbini Gardens in Bangalore are between 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- It is open to the public throughout the week, from Monday to Sunday.
How to reach the Lumbini Gardens, Bangalore
Bangalore is one of the popular tourist places of the country. The city can be easily accessed from all parts of the country through various modes of transport like the air, rail and road networks. There are several flights, trains and buses that connect the city to the various parts of the country.
The Lumbini Gardens is a major attraction of Bangalore. The place is situated in the heart of the city and can be accessed from various corners of the city.
Cabs or taxis can be hired to reach the lake. There are ample bus services that carry people to the lake.
Auto rickshaws are also available for hire to reach the lake from various parts of Bangalore.
The lake is included in the package tour services provided by Karnataka State Tourism. This makes it easy for tourists to reach the lake. With so many transport options, reaching the lake is not at all a problem.
Lumbini Gardens Ltd
Ring Road, Hebbal,
Bangalore – 560 045,
Phone: 08 3299 7009 / 6567 9037
Mobile: +91 934 344 4646 / 103 1409