Want to know the progress of COVID 19 vaccine preparations in Karnataka? Well, the government of Karnataka has decided to form a steering committee to monitor the COVID 19 vaccination in Karnataka once the vaccines have been approved in India.
- List Of COVID Vaccine Hospitals In Karnataka
- District-Wise COVID-19 Cases In Karnataka
- State-Wise Coronavirus Cases In India Today
COVID 19 Vaccine Preparations In Karnataka – Formation Of A Steering Committee
The committee will be headed by Chief Minister Shri. B.S.Yediyurappa and they have the responsibility to vaccinate the entire population in Karnataka which is around 6.5 crore.
The decision was taken on the 24th of November 2020 after Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s video conference with the Chief Ministers of all states in India.
- Steering committee to be formed for COVID 19 vaccination in Karnataka
- Chief Minister B.S.Yediyurappa to head the committee
- Responsibility to vaccinate the entire population of Karnataka
- The total population in Karnataka is around 6.5 crore
COVID 19 Vaccine Preparations In Karnataka – Steps Taken To Ensure Smooth Vaccination
According to the Health Minister of Karnataka, K. Sudhakar, the following steps have been taken by the government for COVID 19 vaccinations.
- 29, 451 different sites have been identified in Karnataka for vaccination
- The government has also identified over 10,000 vaccinators within the state
- The government has done this by sticking to the norms set by the Universal Immunization Programme
The government has also prepared itself for the storage, delivery, and distribution of COVID 19 vaccines once available in India. This was stated by the Shri. Basavaraj Bommai the Home Minister of Karnataka.
Potential Vaccination Centers In Karnataka
The government of Karnataka had started identifying vaccination centers all over the state during the beginning of October 2020 itself. The health department of Karnataka was directed by the government to identify and map:
- Community Health Centres (CHCs),
- Primary Health Centres (PHCs)
to carry out mass vaccination for COVID 19 one the vaccines were approved and made available in our country.
Each of these centers will be turned into centers for vaccination for a certain number of villages/towns within their locality. Mobile vaccination units will also be used to ensure that the vaccines reach the entire population in Karnataka.
Cases of COVID 19 have been on the rise within the state of Karnataka. The government has been making arrangements and preparing in advance to make sure they can deliver the vaccines immediately once approved by the authorities.
- In Kannada: ಕರ್ನಾಟಕದಲ್ಲಿ ಕೋವಿಡ್ ೧೯ ಲಸಿಕೆ ಹಂಚಲು ತಯಾರಿ ಹೇಗಿದೆ ಗೊತ್ತಾ?
- COVID-19 Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- What To Do If You Are Tested COVID Positive – BBMP East Zone Positive Case Guidelines
- How To Handle COVID-19 In Your Community
- SOP For COVID Care Centers In Karnataka
- Covidbeds.org – A Citizen Initiative To Help People Find Hospitals For COVID Patients