After 2 weeks of complete shutdown across urban and rural Bengaluru, the district has reopened with the state government’s Bangalore Unlock 2 guidelines in place. Citizens can move about but are advised to do so only if it is necessary.
Bangalore Unlock 2.0 – Night Curfew And Sunday Lockdown
The night curfew is set to continue from 9 pm to 5 am every day. This is aimed at restricting unnecessary movement of people and vehicles. There will also be a total lockdown on Sunday – July 26 and August 2.
However, essential services may continue during the curfew and lockdown. Wedding ceremonies may also be held on Sundays.
| - No Sunday Lockdown & Night Curfew from August 1
- KR Market & Kalisapalya will continue to be closed till August 31, 2020.
Bangalore Unlock 2.0 – Guidelines For Educational Institutions
Schools, colleges, coaching institutions, etc. will remain closed until the end of the month. Online learning is being encouraged. Training institutions for employees of central and state governments may function in accordance with the SOP issued by the Department of Personnel & Training (DOPT) and Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms.
Bangalore Unlock 2.0 – What Is Allowed?
All activities will be permitted outside containment zones except for the ones mentioned in the next section. Domestic train and flight services have been permitted in a limited capacity.
Vegetable and fruit markets will be allowed to operate but they will be shifted to the outskirts or suburbs. Wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing is mandatory for all citizens.
Bangalore Unlock 2.0 – What Will Not Be Allowed
The activities not permitted include:
- International air travel except for those exempted by the MHA
- Metro rail services
- Opening cinema halls and theatres
- Opening gymnasiums and swimming pools
- Bars and dine-in restaurants
- Opening amusement parks
- Functioning of assemble halls and auditoriums
- Any large congregation for the below listed functions:
Are You In A Containment Zone?
Containment zones will be defined by the BBMP/District authorities and listed on websites by the respective Deputy Commissioners, Commissioner, BBMP, and concerned Departments.
Only essential activities may be permitted on these zones and the perimeter will be strictly monitored to minimize movement of people in and out of these zones.
There will also be intensive contact tracing, clinical interventions and house-to-house surveillance in these zones. Buffer zones may be identified outside the containment zones.
- What To Do If You Are Tested COVID Positive – BBMP East Zone Positive Case Guidelines
- SOP For COVID Care Centers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Hospitals In Bangalore
- Hospitals for COVID-19 Treatment In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Test Centres In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- How To Handle COVID-19 In Your Community
- Top 6 Home Quarantine Checklist