Metro services has resumed in Bangalore and here is the metro guidelines for unlock 4. After 6 months of being suspended, the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation resumed partial services on September 7th.
The Purple Line between Byappanahalli and Nayandahalli is the first to be operational. For the next 3 days, the metro will run for 3 hours every morning from 8am to 11am and for three hours in the evening from 4.30pm to 7.30pm. Trains will run every 5 minutes.
What’s Next For Bangalore Metro?
The next line to become operational will be the Green Line between Nagasandra and Yelachenahalli. The Green Line will start operations from September 9th.
It will be operational for 2 days during the same peak hours as the Purple Line. From September 11th, trains will ply on both routes from 7am to 9pm.
Metro Guidelines for the Unlock 4 – Everything You Must Know
- A maximum of 400 passengers will be allowed on the train
- Commuters must maintain social distancing of at least 2 meters
- Alternate seats must be left vacant
- Yellow queue strips will also be used to mark zones on ticket counters, lifts, escalators and in front of platforms to make social distancing easier.
- A maximum of 6 passengers may use the lift at a time.
- No more than 50 people will be permitted inside a station except at the interchange and terminal stations
- To help commuters maintain social distancing while boarding and deboarding, trains will halt for60 seconds at every station
- Waiting time at the Kempe Gowda interchange station will be 75 seconds
- The train gates will remain closed at all stations that fall in containment zones
- Tickets will not be sold. Neither will cards be recharged at the station. Instead, commuters must use smart tokens.
- Commuters must wear masks while travelling on the metro and must have the Aarogya Setu app on their phones.
- All passengers must check their body temperature before boarding the trains by extending their hand in front of a hands-free thermal scanner.
- Passengers can carry only one piece of baggage with them