The article is last updated on June 10 , 2020 based on June 8th SOP by health department
As interstate travel by road and special trains allows stranded individuals to come home, the Karnataka state government has announced guidelines to keep COVID-19 from spreading. If you are traveling to Karnataka from other states, here are the quarantine and travel guidelines.
Also check out:
- Interdistrict And Inter State Travel Pass During Lockdown In Karnataka
- Applying For Online Travel Pass Permit For Karnataka -List Of Websites
Traveling To Karnataka From Other States – No Passes Needed
Passes are not required for traveling to Karnataka from other states. Both persons and goods don’t need permission. However, you need to register on the Seva Sindhu portal with your name, address and mobile number as there will be checking at every checkpoint.
Business travelers must also provide the name, address and mobile number of the person in Karnataka who they wish to meet along with the return date. They must also have a confirmed return train/flight ticket within 7 days of arriving in the state.
People transiting through Karnataka must provide their final destination address and indicate the exit check points from Karnataka.
Traveling To Karnataka From Other States – Before Travelling
All individuals travelling to Karnataka must first register themselves on Seva Sindhu. Alternatively, they may call the helpline on 080-2263-6800. The following may be permitted to travel:
- Those returning due to a death in the family
- Those facing medical emergencies or a terminal illness
- Pregnant women
- Elderly people
- Migrant workers who have lost their jobs
- Students whose educational institutions/hostels have been closed
- Stranded tourists and pilgrims
Symptomatic passengers must stay in hospital isolation at a COVID care centre for 7 days. They will be screened on arrival and tested using RT-PCR swab kits. Passengers with positive test results will be shifted to COVID hospitals.
Asymptomatic travelers must complete 14 days of home quarantine. Testing will be conducted only if they develop symptoms. If the returnee lives with a large family OR in a house with no separate room for home quarantine OR in an overcrowded area, they must stay in institutional quarantine.
The local RWA will be informed about the person’s details to help ensure the quarantine. The individual’s phone may also be ring-fenced, i.e., it can be tracked and monitored within a set perimeter. The individual’s house may also be marked with a sticker to ensure that neighbors keep their distance.
Testing And Quarantine For People From Maharashtra
All symptomatic passengers will be tested on arrival while asymptomatic passengers will be tested only if they develop symptoms during the quarantine period.
Symptomatic passengers with a positive test result will be shifted to a COVID hospital while others will have to spend 7 days in hospital isolation at a COVID care centre.
Passengers holding a coronavirus-negative test certificate taken within 2 days of travel from an Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)-approved lab are exempted from the institutional quarantine and may instead undergo home quarantine for 14 days.
Asymptomatic returnees must spend 7 days in institutional quarantine followed by 7 days of home quarantine.
People falling in the special category will be exempted from institutional quarantine and will be sent for home quarantine with an attendant. They will be tested once between the 5th and 7th days of quarantine. This category includes:
- Pregnant women
- People over the age of 60 years
- People suffering from serious illnesses
- Children under the age of 10 years
- People who have had a death in the family
- Human distress
Regulations For Business Passengers
Business travelers coming in to Karnataka from other states are exempted from COVID19 testing and quarantine if they plan to be in the state for less than 48 hours.
If they plan to stay in Karnataka for 2-7 days, COVID testing must be conducted. A swab will be drawn on arrival and the person must stay in institutional quarantine till the results are received. They may proceed with their business only if the test has a negative result.
Passengers holding a coronavirus-negative test certificate taken within 2 days of travel from an Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)-approved lab are exempted from testing and quarantine.
Regulations For Karnataka-Based Business Passengers Returning From Other States
No testing or quarantine will be required if they are returning within 4 days of leaving the state.
If they are returning after more than 4 days, they must follow the testing and quarantine regulations as mentioned above.
Regulations For Transit Passengers
People traveling through Karnataka to reach other states must indicate their final address and the exit check post from the state of Karnataka.
They should be able to show a confirmed flight/ train ticket out of the state within 1 day of arriving in Karnataka. If travelling by road, they must provide ID proof and address proof at the final destination state. These passengers will be issued with a ‘transit traveler’ handstamp.
Quarantine Hotel Charges Per Day
People in category 2 will be quarantined in hotels or hostels that must be paid for or at free government shelters. Those who opt to stay in hotels can choose between Fiver-star, budget and low budget hotels.
- Five-star hotels
- INR 3,000 per person
- INR 3,700 per couple
- Four & three-star hotels
- INR 1,500 per person
- INR 17,00 per couple
- Budget hotels
- INR 1,200 per person
- INR 1,400 per couple
- Low budget hotel
- INR 750 per person
- INR 900 per couple
Source: Karnataka Health Department SOP
- Top 6 Home Quarantine Checklist
- KSP CLEAR Pass – Curfew E-Pass For Essential Services Bangalore
- COVID-19 Lockdown – How To Get Curfew E Pass In Hassan?
- COVID-19 – Essential Service Passes In Karnataka
- Coronavirus – Essential Service Pass FAQ By Karnataka Police
- Coronavirus Lockdown In Karnataka – What Is Available and What Is Not
- COVID-19 District Control Room Numbers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- COVID-19 Relief Funds In Karnataka
- Bangalore Police Helpline Number
- COVID-19 – Food Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- Migrants In Karnataka And Food Relief Camps During COVID-19
- Electricity Bills During Corona – Bill Generation And Payment In Karnataka
- Hydroxychloroquine Manufacturers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 And Your Mental Health – Chatbots And Online Counselling Can Help
- Conducting A Wedding During COVID-19 In Karnataka