As Karnataka gears up to strengthen its economy while continuing its fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, the state has released a new set of guidelines for inter-state travelers to Karnataka during Unlock 4.0.
The new guidelines come into effect from September 1st. According to these guidelines, there will be no restrictions on inter-state passenger and goods movement. This applies to students, laborers, transit travelers, business travelers, etc.
- Karnataka govt announces lockdown from 6 AM on May 10 to 6 AM May 24
- Flights, trains allowed to operate, tickets to serve as a pass for movement in personal vehicle/cabs
- Schools, colleges, coaching centers closed
- Food deliveries/takeaways allowed but citizens can't take their vehicles but walk, take away from standalone bars allowed
- Medical shops, labs, hospitals permitted 24 hours
- Shops selling groceries, fruits, meat etc can open between 6 AM - 10 AM while pushcarts allowed till 6 PM.
- Milk booths, hopcoms allowed till 6 PM.
- E-commerce allowed.
- In-site construction allowed.
- Marriages allowed with a cap of 50 persons & funerals with 5
No Pre-Registration Or Screening Needed Before Travelling
People travelling to Karnataka will no longer need to register themselves on the Seva Sindhu portal before travelling. Also, there will be no mandatory screening or check-up at state borders, airports, railway stations, bus stations or district receiving centers.
As a result, passengers will not be categorized as symptomatic or asymptomatic on arrival and there will be no hand stamping.
No Mandatory Quarantine
Individuals travelling to Karnataka will no longer have to undergo mandatory isolation and testing or 14-day quarantine.
There will also be no need for the enforcement of quarantine posters outside the homes of people undergoing home quarantine or to inform neighbors, Apartment Owner’s Association or the Resident Welfare Association when people travel into the state.
There will also be no monitoring by flying squads, quarantine watch apps or call-center outbound calls.
Guidelines For Symptomatic Passengers
Travelers are responsible for assessing their health on arrival. Travelers who find themselves symptomatic on arrival must seek medical aid immediately or call the Apthamira helpline @14410 and self-isolate. When in public areas and workplaces, they must observe COVID-19 precautions such as:
- Maintaining physical distancing of at least 6 feet or 2 meters
- Wearing face masks continuously
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
- Cover mouth when coughing.
Guidelines For Asymptomatic Passengers
Asymptomatic travelers do not need to quarantine themselves on arrival. They may report to work immediately and resume daily activities. However, they should monitor their health and watch out for known symptoms of COVID-19 like cough, cold, fever, breathing difficulty, etc. if symptoms become apparent, consult a doctor immediately.
Quarantine Hotel Charges Per Day
People in category 2 will be quarantined in hotels or hostels that must be paid for or at free government shelters. Those who opt to stay in hotels can choose between Fiver-star, budget and low budget hotels.
- Five-star hotels
- INR 3,000 per person
- INR 3,700 per couple
- Four & three-star hotels
- INR 1,500 per person
- INR 17,00 per couple
- Budget hotels
- INR 1,200 per person
- INR 1,400 per couple
- Low budget hotel
- INR 750 per person
- INR 900 per couple
Source: Karnataka Health Department SOP
- Top 6 Home Quarantine Checklist
- KSP CLEAR Pass – Curfew E-Pass For Essential Services Bangalore
- COVID-19 Lockdown – How To Get Curfew E Pass In Hassan?
- COVID-19 – Essential Service Passes In Karnataka
- Coronavirus – Essential Service Pass FAQ By Karnataka Police
- Coronavirus Lockdown In Karnataka – What Is Available and What Is Not
- COVID-19 District Control Room Numbers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- COVID-19 Relief Funds In Karnataka
- Bangalore Police Helpline Number
- COVID-19 – Food Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- Migrants In Karnataka And Food Relief Camps During COVID-19
- Electricity Bills During Corona – Bill Generation And Payment In Karnataka
- Hydroxychloroquine Manufacturers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 And Your Mental Health – Chatbots And Online Counselling Can Help
- Conducting A Wedding During COVID-19 In Karnataka