The article is last updated on June 2 , 2020
As interstate travel by road and special trains allows stranded individuals to come home, the Karnataka state government has announced guidelines to keep COVID-19 from spreading. If you are traveling to Karnataka from other states, here are the quarantine and travel guidelines.
Also check out:
- Interdistrict And Inter State Travel Pass During Lockdown In Karnataka
- Applying For Online Travel Pass Permit For Karnataka -List Of Websites
Traveling To Karnataka From Other States – No Passes Needed
Passes are not required for traveling to Karnataka from other states. Both persons and goods don’t need permission. However, you need to register on the Seva Sindhu portal as there will be checking at every checkpoint.
Traveling To Karnataka From Other States – Before Travelling
All individuals travelling to Karnataka must first register themselves on Seva Sindhu. Alternatively, they may call the helpline on 080-2263-6800. The following may be permitted to travel:
- Those returning due to a death in the family
- Those facing medical emergencies or a terminal illness
- Pregnant women
- Elderly people
- Migrant workers who have lost their jobs
- Students whose educational institutions/hostels have been closed
- Stranded tourists and pilgrims
- International returnees arriving outside Karnataka.
Business travelers must also enter details such as name, mobile number and address of the people they intend to meet. They must also have a confirmed return train/flight ticket within 7 days of arriving in the state.
Traveling To Karnataka From Other States – Screening on Arrival
All travelers will be screened on arrival. They will have to fill up a form with their medical and travel details and get their temperature taken. Based on this screening, travelers will be categorized as Category 1 – symptomatic, or Category 2 – asymptomatic.
Incoming domestic flight passenger from Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Delhi, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Delhi & Madhya Pradesh will undergo 7 day institutional Quarantine followed by home quarantine.
Domestic travellers taking flights with green status on Aarogya Setu app do not need quarantine.
How Testing Is Done
All travelers in both categories will also be tested using RT-PCR swab kits. People who with positive test results will be sent to Dedicated COVID-19 Hospitals (DCH).
The following will be exempted from institutional quarantine and will be tested within 2 days of arrival. Only those who test positive will be sent to designated hospitals. The rest may complete their 14 day quarantine at home.
- Pregnant women
- People over the age of 80 years
- People suffering from terminal illnesses
- Children under the age of 10 years
Traveling To Karnataka From Other States – Institutional Quarantine
People in category 1 will be sent for further testing and 14-day institutional quarantine at Dedicated COVID Heathcare Centers (DCHC).
Lab testing will be conducted on the 10th day. Those who have positive test results will be quarantined further while those who have negative results will be sent home for home quarantine. Find out more about Quarantine Regulations In Karnataka For Interstate And International Travelers.
Quarantine Hotel Charges Per Day
People in category 2 will be quarantined in hotels or hostels that must be paid for or at free government shelters. Those who opt to stay in hotels can choose between Fiver-star, budget and low budget hotels.
- Five-star hotels
- INR 3,000 per person
- INR 3,700 per couple
- Four & three-star hotels
- INR 1,500 per person
- INR 17,00 per couple
- Budget hotels
- INR 1,200 per person
- INR 1,400 per couple
- Low budget hotel
- INR 750 per person
- INR 900 per couple
Traveling To Karnataka From Other States – Home Quarantine
Travelers allowed to complete their quarantine at home will be briefed before they are allowed to leave and an indelible ink mark will be stamped on their hands. They will need to install three apps:
- Aarogya Setu
- Quarantine Watch (for self reporting)
- Apthamitra (survey for symptoms)
The local RWA will be informed about the person’s details to help ensure the quarantine. The individual’s phone may also be ring-fenced, i.e., it can be tracked and monitored within a set perimeter. The individual’s house may also be marked with a sticker to ensure that neighbors keep their distance.
Testing and Quarantine For People From Maharashtra
Irrespective of whether they are symptomatic or asymptomatic, all passengers form Maharashtra must go through institutional quarantine for 7 days followed by home quarantine for 7 days.
All symptomatic passengers will be tested on arrival while asymptomatic passengers will be tested only if they develop symptoms during the quarantine period.
Passengers holding a coronavirus-negative test certificate taken within 2 days of travel from an Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)-approved lab are exempted from the 21-days institutional quarantine and may instead undergo home quarantine for 14 days.
Children below the age of 10 years, pregnant women and elderly people over the age of 60 years are also exempted from institutional quarantine.
Regulations For Transit Passengers
People traveling through Karnataka to reach other states must indicate their final address and the exit check post from the state of Karnataka.
They should be able to show a confirmed ticket out of the state within 1 day of arriving in Karnataka. These passengers will be issued with a ‘transit traveler’ handstamp.
- KSP CLEAR Pass – Curfew E-Pass For Essential Services Bangalore
- COVID-19 Lockdown – How To Get Curfew E Pass In Hassan?
- COVID-19 – Essential Service Passes In Karnataka
- Coronavirus – Essential Service Pass FAQ By Karnataka Police
- Coronavirus Lockdown In Karnataka – What Is Available and What Is Not
- COVID-19 District Control Room Numbers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- COVID-19 Relief Funds In Karnataka
- Bangalore Police Helpline Number
- COVID-19 – Food Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- Migrants In Karnataka And Food Relief Camps During COVID-19
- Electricity Bills During Corona – Bill Generation And Payment In Karnataka
- Hydroxychloroquine Manufacturers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 And Your Mental Health – Chatbots And Online Counselling Can Help
- Conducting A Wedding During COVID-19 In Karnataka