Are you looking for apps to keep driving license and RC book of your vehicle? DigiLocker and mParivahan can be your saviors in the light of the recent traffic violation rule changes. Let us find out more about mParivahan and DigiLocker .
Download DigiLocker And mParivahan
- DigiLocker: Android users click here and iPhone users click here
- mParivahan: Android users click here and iPhone users click here
New Traffic Violation Fines – An Overview
According to the new traffic violations, fines have been increased for a range of violations including riding a bike without a helmet, or driving without wearing a seatbelt, talking on the phone while driving, etc.
The fine for driving without a license has been increased from INR 500 to INR 5,000. Similarly, driving uninsured vehicles can attract a fine of up to INR 4,000 and/or imprisonment for 3 months.
Know more about traffic fines and how to pay them online here
Hence, it is very important to have your license and other such documents with you. If you do not want to carry the originals with you, Digilocker and the mParivahan app is something you should know about.
Amendment of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989
In 2018, the Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 was amended to remove the provision that Indians needed to carry a physical copy of their transport-related documents with them.
Instead, they may now carry an electronic version of these documents in the DigiLocker and mParivahan. Alternatively, a scanned copy of the documents may also be accepted.
Apps To Keep Driving License And RC – DigiLocker?
DigiLocker can be described as a virtual locker for all your documents. This is a service offered by the Government of India for citizens of India as part of the government’s Digital India initiative. Through this service, Indians can access their documents anywhere in the world and share the same online.
As a result of a partnership between DigiLocker and the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Indians can get a digital driving license & vehicle registration certificates in their DigiLocker accounts. These documents may be presented if needed in lieu of the physical document.
Apps To keep Driving License And RC – mParivahan?
mParivahan is an app developed by the government of India. It offers information about registered vehicles such as the owner’s name, date of registration, registering authority, vehicle age, class, insurance validity, etc.
It can be used to find information about any vehicle and to verify your car’s registration details. The app also allows individuals to store a digital copy of their driver’s license and RC.
Use these apps to carry a driving license and RC to avoid fines.
RTO (Regional Transport Office) Services You Can Avail Online
You are no longer required to visit the RTO to avail of certain services as Aadhaar based authentication of these services has now been approved by the Ministry of Road and Transport Highways (MORTH).
Website: https://transport.karnataka.gov.in/english and https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/
The following services can be availed without visiting the RTO:
- To apply for a learner’s license
- To renew your driving license (That which do not require a test to assess competence to drive)
- To apply for a duplicate copy of the driving license
- Request for change of address in driving license
- Request for change of address in Registration Certificate (RC)
- To apply for a duplicate copy of the Registration Certificate (RC)
- Intimation of change of address in Certificate of Registration (RC)
- To apply for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) for RC
- To apply for registration of a motor vehicle (Fully built body)
- For the temporary registration of motor vehicles
- To apply for an international permit for driving
- For the surrender of the class of vehicle from license
- To apply for the transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle
- Notice of motor vehicles’ transfer of ownership
- To apply for registration of training for driving (From an accredited training center for driving)
- For the endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
- Hire-purchase agreement termination
- To apply for the registration of a diplomatic officer’s motor vehicle
- To assign a fresh registration mark for a diplomat’s motor vehicle.
The entire process is much simpler as the applicants’ can get these services done online without having to leave the comforts of their home or office.