St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences was established in the year 1963, by the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of India. It is one of the best medical colleges in India. The college has a 132 acre spacious green campus in Bangalore. It is popularly referred to as St. John’s Medical College.
The college consists of surgical departments, super specialty departments, research institute; most modern medical school with facilities including biorepository, nursing school, paramedical school and an Institute of Health Care Management. It has an on campus hospital with 1200 beds. The college is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
- M.D. Anesthesia
- M.D. Anatomy
- M.D. Biochemistry
- M.D. Community Medicine
- M.D. Dermatology/Venerology/Leprology
- M.D. General Medicine
- M.D. Microbiology
- M.D. Pediatrics
- M.D. Pathology
- M.D. Pharmacology
- M.D. Physiology
- M.D. Psychiatry
- M.D. Radio-diagnosis
- M.S. General Surgery
- M.S. Obstetrics & Gynecology
- M.S. Ophthalmology
- M.S. Orthopedics
B.Sc. and M.Sc. Courses in Medical Technology
- B.Sc. Degree Course in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. Degree Course in Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Degree Course in Renal Dialysis
- B.Sc. Degree Course in Cardiac Perfusion Technology
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (Biochemistry)
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (Hematology & Transfusion Medicine)
- M.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (Microbiology and Immunology)
DNB (Diplomate of the National Board) Courses
- Respiratory Medicine
- Super Specialty – Gastroenterology
- Super Specialty – Nephrology
- Super Specialty – Neurology
- Super Specialty – Neurosurgery
- Super Specialty – Neonatology
- Super Specialty – Urology
Postgraduate Diploma Courses
- Child Health
- Clinical Pathology
- Medical Radio-diagnosis
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- DM in Cardiology
- M.Ch. in Pediatric Surgery
- M.Ch. in Plastic Surgery
Core Research Areas
- Population Health
- Clinical Research
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Mental Health
- Mother and Child Health
- Molecular Medicine
- Epidemiology and Statistics
- Analytical Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Clinical Trials
- Data Management
College of Nursing-Courses Offered
- General Nursing and Midwifery
- Basic B Sc Nursing
- Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing
Postgraduate Degree Courses
- M.Sc. in Community Health Nursing
- M.Sc. in Obstetrics and Gynecological (OBG) Nursing
- M.Sc. in Medical Surgical Nursing
- M.Sc. in Pediatric Nursing
- M.Sc. in Psychiatric Nursing
Health Management and Paramedical Courses
- Basic Course for Community Health Workers
- Basic Health Care for the Missionaries of Charity
- Certificate Course in Medical Records Management
- Certificate Course in Dialysis Technology
- Certificate Course in Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) & Polysomnography
- Certificate Course for OT Technicians
- Certificate Course in Radiography
- Clinical Pastoral Education
- CSSD Technician Course
- ECG Certification Course
- EEG-ENMG Technician Course
- Hospital Aides Course
- Ophthalmic Technician Course
- Plaster Technician Course in Orthopedics
- Postgraduate Certificate Course in Health Care Administration
- Secretarial cum Computer Course
St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences is one of the best medical colleges with first-class infrastructural facilities. It has well equipped modern class rooms, library with WEB OPAC facility and access to national and international medical journals, laboratory, computer center, and internet access.
The college has 6 separate hostels for men and women inside the campus. The hostel rooms are spacious and well maintained. The hostel mess provides healthy and hygienic food for the students. Hostels have lounge, laundry, T.V. and internet facilities.
Sports and Cultural Activities
The college aims at the overall development of the students. Thus the college encourages sports and cultural activities by conducting inter and intra collegiate competitions and arts festivals.
Eligibility for admission is as per the rules and regulations of the Medical Council of India (MCI), Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) and the Court decisions. It is subject to change as per the orders by the above mentioned authorities.
- A candidate seeking admission for MBBS Should have passed Intermediate examination in Science conducted by an Indian university/Board/Council or other recognized examining bodies, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with practical exams in these subjects.
- The Candidate also should have studied English as a compulsory subject. He/she should have passed English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology separately with 50 % marks in each subject.
- Selection will depend on merit. The mark obtained by the student in science subjects is an important criterion for selection.
- Candidate should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Candidates from outside Karnataka State must get eligibility certificate from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences.
St.John’s National Academy of Health Sciences has the permission to conduct its own entrance exam at different cities in India as per Supreme Court order. The candidate seeking admission should pass the entrance test conducted by the St.John’s National Academy of Health Sciences or any of the entrance exams given below.
- Common Entrance Test (CET)
- All India Entrance Test (AIET)
- Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)
- Karnataka Religious and Linguistic Minority (KRLM)
Reservation polices for admission are followed as per the rules of Government of India in the case of admission to SC/ST and OBC candidates.
St.John’s National Academy of Health Sciences
Off : Office of the Dean
St. John’s Medical College
Bangalore – 560-034
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions : +91-80-2206-5005/105
Associate Director: +91-80-2206-5103
College of Nursing-Principal: +91-80-2206-5121
Information Desk: +91-80 -2206-5508 / 2206-5700