Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) is a leading B-school in Bangalore. The institute is located in the Peenya industrial area of Bangalore. It is a private educational institute that was established in the year 1994.
The business school offers degree and diploma courses in management studies.
Affiliations and Accreditations of AIMS, Bangalore
AIMS is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). AIMS is also an accredited member of the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
The institute’s MBA programme is affiliated to Bangalore University and is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Courses offered at AIMS, Bangalore
AIMS offers degree and diploma courses, both at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The institute offers the following programmes for management students –
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)
Student Exchange Programme at AIMS, Bangalore
AIMS has the following international collaborations for student/faculty exchange and joint research programs:
- University of California, Riverside (UCR) – Credit Course and Internship at Disneyworld
- Laval University, Quebec, Canada – Faculty & Student Exchange, Research
- North West University, South Africa – Faculty & Student Exchange, Research
- ESC Troyes, France – Faculty & Student Exchange
- EM Normandie, France – Faculty & Student Exchange
- VATEL, France – Faculty & Student Exchange
Eligibility for Admission into AIMS, Bangalore
To be eligible for admission into the MBA or PGDM programmes of AIMS, the following are the eligibility criteria:
- 60 percentile or above in CMAT / CAT / MAT / GMAT / XAT
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% or above marks
- Individuals with a minimum of 1-year work experience are preferred
Rankings and Ratings
AIMS, Bangalore has been ranked as the 4th Best B-School in South India by Times of India B-School Survey 2015
It is ranked as:
- 1st in Bangalore
- 22nd in India
The institute has been ranked A++ by digital LEARNING in 2015.
In their survey in 2015, Careers 360 has ranked AIMS as one of the top B-schools in Karnataka and gave the institute AAA+ rating.
Facilities at AIMS, Bangalore
AIMS, Bangalore has an impressive campus that is equipped with world-class infrastructure. The major facilities at the institute are:
- Spacious lecture halls
- A central library and ten departmental libraries with an exhaustive collection of books and electronic databases
- Computer laboratories with Wi-Fi network
- State-of-the-art auditorium
- Gym & Yoga facilities
- Health clinic
- Wi-Fi facility
- Recreational facilities
- Separate hostels for boys and girls, equipped with excellent kitchens and dining halls
Placement at AIMS, Bangalore
AIMS, Bangalore has a ‘Centre for Corporate and Public Relations’ department that interacts with the industry for projects, internships, and placement activities for the successful student community of the institute.
Some of the top recruiters of the institute are:
- Almondz Global Securities
- Biocon India
- Canbank Factors
- Deloitte Consulting
- Deutsche Bank
- Federal Bank
- Havells India Limited
- HSBC Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Oakwood Prestige Group
- Oberoi Group
- Reliance Communication
- Sapphire Huan solutions