CMR Institute of Technology was established in the year 1991 to impart technical education in the state of Karnataka. The private coeducational institute is located off the ITPL Main Road (Whitefield Road) in the eastern part of Bangalore. The institute was set up under the CMR Jnanadhara Trust.
The institute is recognized by the Government of Karnataka. It is affiliated to the Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), Belgaum. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
CMR Institute of Technology was established to meet the growing demand of I.T. professionals. The main objective of the institute is to impart quality education to the students and turn them into first rate engineers and professionals. The highly educated and dedicated faculty members and the infrastructural facilities enable the students to fulfil their academic aspirations.
CMR Institute of Technology has one of the biggest campuses among all the engineering colleges in Bangalore. The campus has a grand entrance and an imposing building. A large parking lot, basketball court, football ground, cricket pitch and academic blocks form part of the huge campus. The campus is well connected by public buses as well as college buses.
CMR Institute of Technology offers under graduate programs leading to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degrees in seven disciplines and post graduate programs in seven disciplines. The courses offered by the institute are:
Under Graduate Courses
- B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E. in Information Science & Engineering
- B.E. in Telecommunication Engineering
- B.E. in Civil Engineering
Post Graduate Courses
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Technology (M. Tech) in Digital Electronics
- Master of Technology (M. Tech) in VLSI
- Master of Technology (M. Tech) in Digital Communication & Engineering
- Master of Technology (M. Tech) in Computer Science & Engineering
- Master of Technology (M. Tech) in Computer Networks & Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
Under Graduate Courses
To be eligible for admission into the Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) program a candidate must secure 50% aggregate in 10 + 2 / PUC or an equivalent exam in the following subjects – Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry or Physics, Mathematics and Biology or Physics, Mathematics and Biotechnology or Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science or Physics, Mathematics and Electronics. The candidate must also pass with English as one of the language subjects.
Post Graduate Courses
To be eligible for admission into the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program a candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with 50% aggregate marks. For candidates from Karnataka who belong to the SC/ST category the minimum aggregate marks is 45%. The candidate must have qualified in MAT / CAT / K-MAT / ATMA / PGCET or any AICTE approved test.
To be eligible for admission into the Master of Computer Applications (MCA) program a candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with 50% aggregate marks with Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Application / Business Mathematics / Business Statistics as one of the optional or electives at the Degree level. Provided further that in respect of candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified in the first provision in the Pre-University Course with 50% of marks in that subject shall also be considered for admission. For candidates from Karnataka who belong to the SC/ST category the minimum aggregate marks is 45%. The candidate must have qualified in MAT / CAT / K-MAT / ATMA / PGCET or any AICTE approved test.
To be eligible for admission into the Master of Technology (M. Tech) program a candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant Engineering stream with 50% aggregate marks. The candidate must also have a valid GATE score or a PGCET rank.
The institute has all the modern infrastructure and facilities that are required to enable students to focus on their studies. Some of the major facilities at the institute are:
- Spacious, well ventilated and well furnished classrooms having teaching aids such as LCD projectors, over head projectors, etc.
- Computer lab with high speed internet connectivity
- Large library with a huge collection of text books, reference books, national and international journals, videos and CD-ROMs.
- Digital library facilities
- Sports and recreation facilities
- Facilities for outdoor games and sports like basketball, football, cricket, etc.
- Facilities for indoor games like Table Tennis, Carom Board, Chess and Shuttle Badminton
- Transport facilities through dedicated bus systems
- Separate hostel for boys and girls with fully furnished rooms, state-of-the-art canteen, lounge, TV, tennis court, etc.
Training and Placement Cell
The institute has an excellent training and placement cell that offers training to the students for placement by some of the best organizations in the industry. The placement cell grooms the students on a number of skills including soft skills, personality development skills, etc.
A few reputed companies or organizations that recruit students from the institute are Tata Consultancy Services, Deloitte, Dell, iGate Solutions, Sony, HP, Exeter, IBM, HCL, Nike, and many others.