Imagine waking up to a view of rolling hills, green valleys and smelling the fresh air, interspersed with the scent of coffee, vanilla and spices. At Plantantion Trails resort, that’s exactly what you will get. Located in and around the Pollibetta coffee plantantions of Coorg, this place has the power to transport you to a new world, away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Pollibetta was once reknowned for the high yielding and flavourful ‘Coorg Mandarin’, which was grown in between the coffee plants. With cool summers and clear, dry winters, this area is now known not only for its high-quality coffee, but also as an ideal holiday getaway during any time of the year.
Facilities Offered at Plantation Trails Resort in Coorg
The resort offers three bedroom or double storey bungalows, constructed at varying altitudes in the undulating highlands of the coffee plantations. The bungalows are a perfect blend of heritage and comfort, and are luxurious and well appointed, and a personal cook is provided for each bungalow. Other services offered are room service, laundry service, Dish TV, and medical service, offered by a resident doctor.
Plantation Trails in Coorg covers the Glenlorna Bungalow, the Cottabetta Bungalow, the Surgi Bungalow, Thaneerhulla Cottage, the Thaneerhulla Bungalow and the Woshully Bungalow.
How to Get to the Resort
The nearest airports to the resort are located at Bangalore, Mangalore and Calicut. Apart from this, you can also take a train to the nearest railway station at Mysore, Tellicherry or Mangalore. Those travelling by bus can get off at either Mysore, which is the closest major bus station (100 km away) from the resort, or catch a bus to Gonicoppal, located 9 km from the resort.
Contact Information and Pricing
Coorg: Tata Coffee Limited – Plantation Trails
Pollibetta 571215, Kodagu, Karnataka
Phone: +91 (08274) 251428 / 251411-21
Fax: +91 (08274) 251425
Tata Coffee Limited
Number 57, Railway Parallel Road
Kumarapark West, Bangalore 560 020
- Heritage Rooms – INR 5,500-6,000
- Luxury Rooms – INR 6,000-6,500
- Heritage Suites – INR 4,800-5,200
- Superior Rooms – INR 4,000-6,300
Activities and Things to Do
- For the sports-minded, there is a golf facility available, as well as facilities for tennis, badminton, table tennis and billiards.
- The adventurous types can go for a trek up the hills of Coorg, and maybe spot some wild elephants in the forests.
- You can go bird watching, or drive through the coffee plantantions in open top jeeps along with local guides, who will explain the coffee making process to you.
- If all you want to do is relax, you can simply curl up with a good book and a steaming cup of coffee in the resort lawns.
- About Coorg
- Resorts in Coorg
- 10 Offbeat Resorts to Stay around Bangalore for a Weekend
- Resorts in Karnataka