Nature Nirvana is a plantation bungalow located in the lap of Baba-Budangiri hills, near Chikmagalur town. At this holiday home, you can witness the beauty of nature in the middle of majestic mountain ranges. The resort, located away from the hustle bustle of the city, allows visitors to relax and rejuvenate in an environment that is filled with the fragrance of wild flowers, orchids, coffee and spices such as cardamom, and pepper.
Surrounded by plush green coffee gardens, bubbling streams and thundering waterfalls, the resort is a perfect place to experience splendid sunsets in an exotic scenic location. The resort’s location is also suitable for organizing corporate outdoor activities.
Nature Nirvana provides room and dormitory type accommodation for visitors. You can choose from any of the following packages that are available at the resort: two day one night, three day and two night, four day and three night, and five day and four night packages. Food is served within the resort’s premises.
The resort also arranges pickup and drop facilities in a jeep from Chikmagalur town upon request. Escorts to accompany guests from Chikamagalur are also arranged on prior notice. The resort has a spacious car parking lot and is protected by proper security. The friendly and hospitable staff in the resort makes every guest feel at home.
How to Get to the Resort
As this place is located at a distance of 35 km from Chikmagalur, it takes one hour and 15 minutes to reach the resort through road from the town. Chikmagalur is well connected to cities like Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore and Hassan by road, so you can travel there by bus. Mangalore airport is the nearest airport, which is located 150 km away from Chikmagalur. Kadur bus station, 38 km from Chikmagalur, is the nearest major bus terminal.
Contact Information and Pricing
The prices are different for rooms and dormitory cottages. The accommodation rates also differ during peak season (April-May or December-January) and off season. While children below five years of age are not charged, those between five to 12 years of age are charged 50% of the tariff.
Bookings made on weekdays (excluding public holidays) and during the off season are granted 10% discount on the fare. The bookings are confirmed only after the complete amount is received in advance.
Activities and Things to Do
A list of activities that can be pursued and followed by nature lovers, corporate trainers, or adventure freaks at Nature Nirvana has been given below:
- Campfire along with barbecue during nighttime
- A quick visit to the sunset point
- Nature treks along the hills for enthusiasts
- Nature walks along the village terrain for everyone
- Trekking along the ruins of an old fort for history buffs
- A plantation tour for nature lovers
- A game sanctuary walk for wildlife enthusiasts
- Fishing for people looking to relax
- Coracle riding trip to visit the places around the resort
- Bird watching for interested individuals
- Bicycle riding for the physically agile health freaks
- Outdoor games like volleyball and badminton (Not feasible during January and December month as the land surface is used for drying coffee)
- Coffee picking tour for all visitors
- A visit to all nearby tourist attractions
Facilities for arranging corporate activities like:
- Training programmes
- Team building activities
- Outdoor games such as treasure hunt