Shopping in Bangalore is a delightful experience. You’ll find some of the most exquisite silks here. You can also take home handicrafts in sandalwood and rose wood, available in state-owned emporia and private stores. For gold and jewellery, you can visit the quaint Jeweller’s Street.
Some of the favourite shopping haunts are M.G.Road, Brigade Road, Residency Road and Commercial Street. Bargain hunters tend to favour K.G.Road, Malleswaram and Shivajinagar. The main shopping areas of Bangalore are:
- Brigade Road
- Commercial Street
- M.G. Road
- Residency Road
Some of the popular Shopping Centres at Bangalore are:
- M.G. Road: Public Utility Building, Shrungar Shopping Centre, Bombay Store
- J.C. Road: Unity Building
- Residency Road: Pinto Towers and lots of furniture shops
- Brigade Road: Curzon Complex, St.Patricks Complex,Mota Chambers & 5th Avenue.
- Infantry Road: Safia Plaza and Copper Arch
- St. Mark’s Road: Sophia’s Choice
- Shoppers Stop
- Lifestyle (near Football stadium)