For those who want a short break from their hectic schedule, Chunchi falls will be ideal one day outing. The waterfalls from the river Arkavati, about 90 kms from Bangalore city. It is en route to Mekedatu and Sangama. Sangama is a place where 3 rivers join. Bus service is available to all the places. Walking along the river is pleasant experience. Mekedatu is a rocky valley where the river flows surrounded by forest.
You may find lot of people visiting this falls on holidays and weekends due to its proximity to the city.
How to reach Chunchi Falls
From Kanakapura to en route to Sangama you have to take a left turn to the Yeleguri village to go to this waterfall. The waterfall is about 6km away from the deviation.
- Nearest Town: Kanakapura
- Nearest Airport: Bangalore International Airport
- By Road: From Bangalore 90 kms
- Chunchi Falls – A Weekend Not In Vain
- Arkavathy Dam, Kanakapura, Ramanagara
- 5 Interesting Places near Bangalore You Can Reach in Less Than 2 Hours
- Water falls in Karnataka
- Trekking in Karnataka