C/O Progeon Building,
No. 27, J.P. Nagar, 3rd Phase,
Bannerghatta Main Road,
Bangalore 560 076, Karnataka, India.
Tel.: +91-80-2658 8668 / 5103 2000, Fax: +91-80-5103 2140
Infosys Foundation is a public charitable trust founded in 1996. Sudha Murty, Mrs. Sudha Gopalakrishnan and Mr. N S Raghavan are the trustees of this foundation. The foundation got the prestigious ET Corporate Citizens Award [2000-2001]. The main activities of the Infosys Foundation are:
- Conducting rehabilitation camps at tribal areas, drought hit areas, etc.
- Construction of Hospitals
- Upgrading the hospitals with significant equipment like ultrasound scanners, ambulance, significant drugs in certain cases, etc
- Social Rehabilitation and Rural Upliftment.
- Construction of Orphanages
- Construction of common halls at Orphanages, Old age homes, etc
- Rehabilitation of Devadasis in Karnataka
- Rehabilitation of mentally retarded through other local organisations
- Rehabilitation of children on platforms, streets and slums
- Assisting the promotion of social awareness among the tribals or other backward communities where evil practices are followed
- Donation of passenger vans to certain rehabilitation centers
- Learning & Education
- Setting up libraries for Every Rural Kannada Medium School by donating a set of about 200 books worth about Rs.2,000-00, under our educational project called ‘Shalegondu Granthalaya’
- Donating Corpus Fund to good but economically weak schools
- Donating for the construction of additional classrooms or re-construction of old classrooms/school building
- Donation of other equipments to schools like Computers, Furniture, etc
- Construction of Science Laboratories
- Assisting the promosing students of economically weaker sections by means of scholarships or contributing to pay their annual fees
- Promotion of deprived art or culture by organising stage-shows
- Donating for such organisation which promotes such a talent
The contribution of the trust and spending of the corpus on all these above referred activities have been substantiated in the details which have been annexed to the annual reports.
Infosys Foundation commits one per cent of its profits to social causes
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and personal philanthropy are two different aspects, Nandan M Nilekani, CEO of Infosys said. CSR happens when a company fulfills its ethical and social obligations. For example, when a BPO enables access of employment opportunities to the disadvantaged or disabled, he explained while speaking on CSR at the Nasscom Leadership