Karnataka popular as silk manufacturers in the country is widely known as an IT-hub as the state is a host to many software companies.
Karnataka is not only famous for software companies it is also well diversified across other fields.
The state has many companies which have been popular in their respective fields.
The state also leads the country in biotechnology field. Biocon, India’s largest biotech company’s headquarters is based in Bangalore.
Karnataka state has many companies employed in manufacturing of electrical equipment and machinery like Kirloskar, ABB, Kavika, Larsen and Toubro etc.
Karnataka ranks 7th in terms of production of cement in the country. Cement companies in Karnataka are ACC, Bagalkot Cement and Industries Ltd and Heidelberg Cement India Limited to name a few.
Companies listed on BSE and/or NSE in Karnataka.
- Canara Bank is also a Karnataka based bank, though, like most other nationalised banks, it has a significant presence across the country.
- Ujjivan Financial Services Ltd is headquartered in Bengaluru. It went public in 2019.
Breweries and Distilleries
- United Spirits Ltd.: United Spirits is an Indian conglomerate company based in Bangalore, India. The Company is known to be an innovator in the industry.
- McDowell Holdings Ltd.: The company was incorporated as United Golden Beverages Limited on March 01, 2004. The name of the Company was changed to McDowell India Spirits Limited on March 31, 2004.
Engineering / Electronics
- ABB India Ltd is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance.
- Automotive Axles Ltd: Established in 1981, Automotive Axles Limited (AAL) is a joint venture of Kalyani Group and Meritor Inc., USA.
- Bharat Electronics Ltd is a state-owned electronics company with about nine factories and few regional offices in India.
- Bosch Ltd is India’s largest automotive component manufacturer and also one of the largest Indo – German companies in India.
- Kirloskar Electric Company Ltd (KEC) produces more than 70 products under eight product groups.
- Suprajit Engineering Ltd is a customer-centric company taking on challenging product development while manufacturing to international specifications for a wide range of control cables and instruments.
- Triton Valves Ltd. is India’s largest manufacturers of automotive tyre tube valves, valve cores, and accessories.
- Can Fin Homes Ltd. provide the most competent financial services. Can Fin Homes is a close affiliate of Canara Bank.
- Karnataka Bank Ltd., a leading ‘A’ Class Scheduled Commercial Bank in India, was incorporated on February 18th, 1924 at Mangalore, a coastal town of Dakshina Kannada district in Karnataka State.
- S H Kelkar and Company is one of the largest players in the Industrial perfume business in India. The group also has a presence in beverages, confectionery and bakery products.
- Narayana Hrudulaya is a low-cost hospital chain founded by Dr Devi Shetty. The company recently raised money through an IPO for expansion purposes.
- Coffee Day [CCD]: Coffee Day Enterprises runs the popular Cafe Coffee Day Chain. The company opened its first café in Bengaluru in 1996. Today the group’s portfolio includes Technology Parks & SEZs, Logistics, Investments, Financial Services and Hospitality.
Information Technology / Software Services
- Cranes Software International Ltd. is a company that provides Enterprise Statistical Analytics and Engineering Simulation Software Products and Solutions across the globe.
- Encore Software Ltd. is a dynamic product development company in Information Technology that combines core technical expertise with a global business perspective.
- Infosys is the second-largest software services company after Tata Consultancy Services. The company is a top player in consulting, technology, and outsourcing and next-generation services.
- ITI Ltd. was established in 1948. Ever since, as a pioneering venture in the field of telecommunications.
- Kavveri Telecom Products Ltd. is a global solution provider of telecom infrastructure and wireless products.
- Mindtree is a global information technology consulting firm specializing in corporate IT services and solutions.
- MphasiS Ltd. consistently delivers Applications services, Infrastructure Services, and Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) services globally.
- Wipro is the third largest Software Services Company in India with head office in Bengaluru. The company also has a presence in the FMCG space.
Pharmaceuticals / Biotech / Agri
- AstraZeneca Pharma India Ltd is one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare.
- Biocon is an innovation led fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that has developed affordable biosimilars, novel biologics and complex APIs.
- Camson Bio Technologies Ltd. is a leading agricultural biotechnology company. Camson combines traditional knowledge in agriculture with latest advances in safety and protection to market a wide range of products.
- Hatsun Agro Products Ltd, processors of branded milk and milk products are committed to satisfy our esteemed customers.
- Khoday India Ltd.: The House of Khodays is a multi-service, business group is engaged in activities that include distilling, hotelier, computer software, financial services, and pharmaceuticals.
- Syngene is a Biocon group company that has a reputed contract research and manufacturing organization with multidisciplinary skills in chemistry and biology services.
- United Breweries Ltd.: UBL has an association with brewing dating back over nine decades, starting with 5 breweries in South India in 1915.
- Bhuwalka Steel Industries Ltd. ( BSIL) is one of the largest manufacturers of steel rolled products in south India with plants at Bangalore, kanchipuram and Mumbai.
- Disa India Ltd. : DISA develops and manufactures a complete range of metal casting production solutions for the ferrous and non-ferrous foundry industries.
- Heidelberg Cement India Ltd.: HeidelbergCement India Limited is a subsidiary of Cementrum I. B.V.( a Company incorporated under the laws of The Netherlands, which is 100% controlled by HeidelbergCement AG).
- Ador Fontech Ltd. is a front-runner organisation that operates on the philosophy of ‘partnering’ with its clients in recommending and implementing value-added reclamation, fusion, and surfacing solutions.
- Ador Multiproducts Ltd.
- Chitradurga Spintex Ltd.
- Cityman Ltd.: Earlier, the company was in the business of manufacture and sale of readymade garments later into exports. Now it is looking at various options.
- Falcon Tyres Ltd.: Marketed under the DUNLOP brand in the Indian market, products of FALCON TYRES have carved out a strong reputation among millions of satisfied customers for their unmatched patterns, design, and quality.
- Keltech Energies Ltd. (KEL), is in the fields of mining, shipping, shipbuilding, chemicals, explosives, expanded perlite and many other industries. Keltech Energies Ltd.
- Kennametal India Ltd. delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions.
- Mac Charles (India) Ltd.
- Manjushree Technopack Ltd. is an integrated packaging solution provider, delivering innovative cutting-edge plastic packaging solutions to its customers.
- Murudeshwar Ceramics Ltd.
- Mysore Paper Mills Ltd. (MPM) founded by Sri. Krishnaraja Wodeyar Bahadur in 1937 the Maharaja of erstwhile Mysore State was incorporated on 20th May 1936.
- Royal Orchid Hotels Ltd.: Three decades ago, Mr. Chender K. Baljee’s passion for hospitality gave birth to a vision. Today, they operate 21 business and leisure hotels in 16 popular destinations.
- Shetron Ltd. was incorporated in 1980 and commenced production in 1984 of Dry Cell Battery Jackets/Components and later on of Metal Cans and Lug Caps for Food.
- Smiths & Founders (India) Ltd
- Subex Ltd. is a leading global provider of Business Support Systems (BSS) that empowers communications service providers (CSPs) to achieve competitive advantage through Business Optimisation.
- United Breweries (Holdings) Ltd.
- Valuemart Retail Solutions Ltd.: Retail solutions firm offering B2C solutions, RFID Solutions, Smartcards and Web based solutions for Retail & Financial services sectors.
- Vision Cinemas Ltd. plays the latest blockbusters, it has a 3-screen multiplex with a food-court.
- VST Tillers Tractors Ltd. (VTTL) was incorporated in the year 1967 in Bangalore, India. VTTL has in-house Design and Development section for upgrading the level of technology in line with current requirements.
- Wintac Ltd. with it’s Passion For Quality Care, is committed and aspired to serve humanity by providing quality medicines at a affordable price.