Looking for an interdistrict or inter state travel pass during lockdown in Karnataka? Here is everything you must know.
While the lockdown has been extended across India for another 2 weeks, certain relaxations have been made. Most importantly people will be permitted to travel between districts to get back home.
- Quarantine Regulations In Karnataka For Interstate And International Travelers
- Traveling To Karnataka From Other States – Quarantine And Other Guidelines
- COVID-19 Karnataka Overseas Returnees – Testing and Quarantine Guidelines
- District-Wise COVID-19 Cases In Karnataka
- Coronavirus Hotspot In Karnataka – Mysore And Bengaluru Hotspots And Containment Zone
- Karnataka Lockdown Status – Lockdown till May 31
- Applying For Online Travel Pass Permit For Karnataka -List Of Websites
Interstate Travel (Travelling Between States) Quick Points
Travel In Own Car
If you’re planning to take your own vehicle out, you can apply for a KSP Clear Pass or similar such passes. Register with your mobile number and on getting police clearance, you will get the permission needed to take your vehicle out.
Traveling Through Public Transport
Buses are the only form of public transport currently available to people in Karnataka. You do not need a pass to travel by bus. Depending on availability, you can board a bus at the Majestic bus stop.
Shramik Special Trains For Migrants
In a bid to reduce the need for migrants to walk across states to reach home, the Home Secretary released a memo for state and Union Territory governments stating that Shramik special trains will be arranged for commuting.
If found walking on roads and along railway tracks, they should be counselled taken to nearby shelters and given food and water until such time as they can board a bus or Shramik special train to their hometown.
If needed the state and UT governments will also cooperate with the Railways to increase the number of buses and trains being run. State and UT governments were also told to receive all Shramik special trains from across the country.
Interdistrict Travel Pass In Karnataka – Guidelines
Interdistrict travel pass lets people travel within Karnataka between districts.
The districts of Rural Bengaluru, Urban Bengaluru, Ramanagara, Chikkaballapur, and Kolar will be treated as a single unit for vehicular movement between 7 am and 7 pm. No inter-district passes are needed for movement in this area. Below listed are the rules and guidelines:
- Individuals traveling between 7am and 7pm must have a letter from the company/organization or an official ID card.
- Inter-district passes will be issued by district deputy Commissioners or the Deputy Police Commissioner for travel between other districts.
- Stranded individuals can get a one-time pass for inter-district movement.
- Movement between 7pm and 7am is permitted only for those with passes for essential activities.
- Interdistrict travel passes will be considered a one-time-two-way-pass.
Who Can Travel
- The state government is facilitating inter-district travel for stranded students, tourists, pilgrims, laborers and other such individuals through Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) buses.
- Wearing face masks and gloves is mandatory while travelling.
- People applying for permits should not be showing any symptoms of COVID-19. They will also be screened before travelling.
- Inter district travel is permitted only once.
- The vehicle carrying travelers is not permitted to halt anywhere before it reaches its destination.
- Returnees are encouraged to use the Aarogya Setu App and must follow medical advice and stay under home/institutional quarantine.
- Districts have different entry and exit points.
- Misusing the pass may result in legal action.
Inter State Travel Pass During Lockdown In Karnataka
People wanting to travel from Karnataka to other states must register themselves follow the below guidelines:
- Travel in own car: People wanting to travel out of the state in their own car can get passes for the same from the ADGP (I&M) Wireless Office at Chinnaswamy Stadium.
- Traveling through public transport: For travel out of Karnataka through the rail network, passengers can take the special trains. To get a seat, they must register on https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in. Once a train is available, they will receive a text message about the same.
- Alternatively, the individual may apply for a travel permit at the nearest gram panchayat offices, town municipality, taluk offices, TMC, CMC offices or the corporation zonal offices.
- Applications will be processed at state level and permits will be issued only if the receiving states concur.
- All travel fees must be paid for by the passengers.
- Approved passengers must be screened by health authorities.
- Passengers must carry a valid form of identification such as the voter ID card, Aadhaar card, driving license, PAN card or passport.
- Nodal officers will monitor departures by bus and train.
Norms For Application Processing
All pending and future applications will be processed and passed only for:
- Individuals needing to return to Karnataka due to the death of a family member
- Individuals needing treatment for terminal illnesses or medical emergencies
- Elderly people
- Pregnant women
- Laborers who have lost their jobs
- Migrant laborers
- Students enrolled in educational institutions/ hostels that have been closed
- Stranded tourists and pilgrims
- Individuals returning to the state from abroad
Interstate Travel Pass From Karnataka Contacts Details
- Toll-Free: 1077
- WhatsApp Number: +91-94839-08000
- COVID-19 Lockdown – How To Get Curfew E Pass In Hassan?
- COVID-19 – Essential Service Passes In Karnataka
- Coronavirus – Essential Service Pass FAQ By Karnataka Police
- COVID-19 relief funds in Karnataka
- Hospitals for COVID-19 Treatment In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Test Centres In Karnataka
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- COVID-19 Helpline Numbers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 List of BBMP Wards
- District-Wise COVID-19 Cases In Karnataka
- Migrants In Karnataka And Food Relief Camps During COVID-19
- Electricity Bills During Corona – Bill Generation And Payment In Karaka
- Health Bus – BMTC Bus Routes For Essential Service Workers In Bangalore
- Hydroxychloroquine Manufacturers In Karnataka
- COVID-19 And Your Mental Health – Chatbots And Online Counselling Can Help
- Conducting A Wedding During COVID-19 In Karnataka