Donating eyes in Karnataka can help correct vision loss in one or more individuals which means you’ll be lighting up the lives of at least two persons.
To help you do that the Karnataka Government has introduced – Jeevasarthakathe. Let’s find out more.
Check out : COVID 19 Vaccine Preparations In Karnataka
So, who can be an eye donor in Karnataka? Well, anyone can be an eye donor. It doesn’t matter what your sex, age, or blood group is. Maybe you suffer from long-sightedness or short-sightedness or may you’ve undergone eye surgery. You can still donate your eyes.
Donating Eyes In Karnataka – When To Do It?
Eyes are donated following the death of the individual. Only people who have corneal blindness can benefit from eyes that are donated. People who suffer from corneal blindness can regain their vision through corneal grafting.
The damaged cornea of the visually impaired person is fixed using the healthy cornea of the donor.
Know more about: Healthcare initiatives by Karnataka Government
Donating Eyes In Karnataka – The Jeevasarthakathe Way
The regulatory body for cadaver organ donations in Karnataka is ‘Jeevasarthakathe.’ Through the official website of Jeevasarthakathe, the state government has made it possible to pledge one’s eyes.
Those of you who wish to donate your eyes can do so by following the simple steps given below.
- Log in to the official website of Jeevasarthakathe www.jeevasarthakathe.karnataka.gov.in
- You need to fill in the pledge form for eye donation.
- Provide all the required details including personal detail, address, etc.
- Submit the form
- Once your pledge form has been accepted you can download the donor card from the website itself.
In case you wish to know more about organ donations you need to contact the ASHA workers at the Primary Health Center (PHC) closest to your place of residence in Karnataka.
You can also get the required information by dialing 104. This is the Arogyavani helpline number. What are you waiting for? Let’ bring light to someone’s life today by donating eyes in Karnataka.
- In Kannada: ನೇತ್ರದಾನ ಮೂಲಕ ಜೀವಸಾರ್ಥಕತೆ: ನೀವು ನೆನಪಿನಲ್ಲಿಟ್ಟುಕೊಳ್ಳಬೇಕು ಅಂಶಗಳು
- 8 De-Addiction Centers In Karnataka
- Top 10 Post Operative Care For Elderly In Mysore
- Top 11 Post-Operative Assistance Services In Bangalore For The Elderly
- How To Avail The Benefit Of Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Arogya Karnataka?