Digital sub registrar offices in Karnataka – yes its going to be a reality soon. Beginning from the 2nd of November 2020, 3 Sub Registrars Offices in Karnataka will be operating online totally.
They are the following:
- Sub Registrars Office, Jayanagar, Bengaluru
- Sub Registrars Office, Bailhongal, Belagavi District
- Sub Registrars Office, Tumakuru
Offline services for registration will no longer be available at these three offices.
Digital Sub Registrar Offices In Karnataka – Services Available
The online services available through Sub Registrars Offices in Karnataka include the following.
- Registration of Property
- Book an appointment for registration of documents
- Online Encumbrance Certificate
- Search for required index and copies of registration. The entire list of transactions on the particular property that was searched
- Property Documents (Certified copies are issued)
- Valuation of properties
- Online calculation of registration fee
- Online calculation of stamp duty
- To locate the closest Sub Registrars Office
- To pay taxes and other fees related to the sale of property online
- A date will be issued once the amount is paid
- The buyer and seller have to visit the particular Sub Registrars Office
- The process will be completed at the office
To make use of the available online services the individual has to do the following.
- Get yourself registered in the Kaveri online portal.
- This is the official online portal by the Department of Stamps and Registration operating under the Government of Karnataka.
- After getting yourself registered you have to upload all the documents required.
Digital Sub Registrar Offices In Karnataka – How To Avail Services
The online registration of property was introduced in Karnataka in 2018 through the Kaveri online portal.
However, the offline option was also available for registration. As a result, only a few people were using the services for registration online.
The decision was taken by the Karnataka government recently. Paperless delivery of services for registration requires less time, money, and effort.
This will also prevent unwanted crowding which is now a necessity in India as our country is still fighting against the COVID 19 pandemic.
The Karnataka government is also considering digitalizing all the Sub Registrars office in Karnataka based on the effectiveness of online operations of these 3 offices and the feedback from the people.
- In Kannada: ಡಿಜಿಟಲ್ ಉಪ ನೋಂದಣಾಧಿಕಾರಿ ಕಚೇರಿಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಲಭ್ಯವಿರುವ ಆನ್ ಲೈನ್ ಸೇವೆಗಳು
- Karnataka To Align Property Guidance Value With Market Rates
- How To Pay Property Tax In Karnataka?
- Pay Your Bangalore Property Tax online
- Karnataka To Reform The Karnataka Land Reforms Act