The Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) is launching a campaign with citizen teams to monitor and tackle the rising COVID-19 cases. The BBMP’s 198 ward committees will function as ward committees for disaster management and be managed by Polling Booths. Wards will typically have 50-70 booths. Each of these BBMP booths will represent around 400 homes and 1,500 people.
BBMP Booths – Organization Structure
Each ward committee and booth level committee in the state will have about 10 members each. Each booth will be headed by a booth level officer (BLO).
It will have 4 C-rank officials including an Asha worker/ junior female health aide or Anganwadi worker and a Booth Presiding Officer, Assistant Booth Presiding Officer and Polling Officer.
In addition, it will have 10 civilian volunteers – 3 local community representatives, 3 local government, retired, private health volunteers and 4 other volunteers.
BBMP Booth Level Committee Functions
The main functions of this committee will be:
- Create awareness in the ward about the COVID-19 pandemic
- Keep rumors, fake news and panic from spreading
- Help de-stigmatize people affected by the disease
- Promote the use of mask, face cover, cleanliness, hygiene and physical distancing
- Collate house-to-house survey data to monitor the health of people with influenza-like illnesses
- Help citizens access health care through fever clinics, PHCs and COVID Care Centers
- Coordinate and maintain house-to-house survey of people with vulnerabilities
- Monitor the health of individuals with co-morbidities and life-threatening diseases
- Monitor the health of people suffering from SARI and ensure their treatment in fever clinics
- Ensure home quarantine of COVID positive patients
- Make medical care easily accessible to asymptomatic and mildly asymptomatic patients
- Trace primary and secondary contacts of COVID infected people
- Build ward-based support systems for the COVID pandemic
- Collaborate and work with NGOs and civil societies
BBMP Booths – Work Process
The ward committees will meet weekly on Mondays or as often as the situation demands. The meetings will be set up to review the work done by the BLCs, take stock of COVID positive patients and monitor their primary and secondary contacts.
Their reports will be sent to the Joint Commissioners of the zone. The volunteers in the group will operate a help desk to record data of quarantined people and track their health symptoms.
If needed, the BLC will make accommodations for self-isolation of primary and secondary contacts in local schools and community halls.
Teams of the SHG group members will be set up to sanitize homes under home quarantine on a payment basis. The ward will look into the management of biomedical waste from quarantine homes as per the SOP issued by the Karnataka state’s health department.
- How To Donate Plasma For COVID Treatment In Bangalore
- Standard Operative Procedure Or SOP For Home Isolation Of COVID-19 Patients In Bangalore
- Bangalore Unlock 2.0 – Activities Allowed
- What To Do If You Are Tested COVID Positive – BBMP East Zone Positive Case Guidelines
- COVID-19 Testing – Fever Clinics In Bangalore
- COVID-19 Hospitals In Bangalore
- BBMP Free COVID 19 Testing In Bangalore – Zonal Helpline Numbers
- BBMP COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines For Asymptomatic And Mild-Symptomatic Patients