The Department of Pre-University is the organization for the implementation of higher secondary education in Karnataka. The results for the Karnataka PUC board is declared on April 21, 2023.
Karnataka 2nd PUC Results 2023 – How To Check Your Result
Click here to get your 2nd PUC results. Once you are on the site, enter your registration number and click on the submit button. It will display your result on the screen.
Karnataka 2nd PUC Results 2023 – Quick Facts
A few highlights from 2nd PUC 2023 exam results are given below:
- Students who registered for 2nd PUC exam: 727,923
- Students who attended for 2nd PUC exam: 702,067 (96.44%)
- Students who passed the 2nd PUC exam: 524,209 (2023 – 74.4%, 2022 – 61.9%)
- Medium wise pass percentage: Kannada (63.7%), English (82.3%)
Karnataka 2nd PUC Re-totaling, Supplementary Exam
- Students can apply for scanned copy of answer scripts and pay revaluation fees (online and offline)
- Apply for scanned copy: April 21-27, 2023
- Fee for scanned copy: Rs 530/subject
- Download scanned copy: April 26 – May 2, 2023
- Those who applied for scanned copy can apply for revaluation: May 3-8, 2023
- Fee for revaluation: Rs 1,670/subject
- No fee for retotalling
- Revaluation and retotalling results will be published on https://kseab.karnataka.gov.in
- KSEAB helpline: 080-23369154
Karnataka 2nd PUC Overview
The Department of Pre-University Education in the state of Karnataka is the organization that is responsible for implementing higher secondary education within the state. This organization functions under the Department of Primary and Secondary Education.
Given below are the number of institutions functioning under the Department of Pre-University Education.
- Pre-University colleges run by Government: 1229
- Pre-University Colleges that are Government Aided: 797
- Pre-University Colleges that are Unaided: 3147
- Pre-University Colleges run by the Corporation: 13
- Pre-University Colleges that are bifurcated: 165
On completion of their 10th standard/High School students enrol themselves for the 2 year Pre-University courses in one of the above-mentioned institutions. Around 10 lakh students apply for different Pre-University courses in Karnataka every year.
The courses offered by the Department of Pre-University Education in Karnataka is broadly classified under the following categories.
There are 23 subjects, 11 languages and 50 different combinations from which a student can choose from.
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology; Students can add Zoology, Computer Science, Home Science and/or Electronics to their choice of combination.
Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Political Science, and Psychology are some of the subjects that you can choose from under this stream.
History, Economics, Political Science, Sociology, Geography, Psychology, Statistics, Education and Music.
Depending on the stream (Science, Commerce or Humanities) they’ve chosen students can choose from one of the combinations available in that particular stream.
First Language: English
Second Language: Kannada, Hindi, Urdu, Sanskrit, French, Spanish and even English at times.
Short term courses in Fine Arts and Technical training are also included along with the PUC courses for students who are interested in pursuing a degree in Engineering, theatre, filmmaking, dance etc.
The 2nd PUC examination is held during the month of March every year. It’s conducted by the Department of PUE under the State Government of Karnataka. Results are published within a month.
The students who failed the PUC exams are given the opportunity to clear all their papers through a supplementary exam which is held within a few days after the publication of the PUC results.