Sirimane Falls is a famous tourist destination. It lies at a distance of 300 kms from Bangalore and 5 kms from the Kigga Chikmangalur. It is one of the many waterfalls located on the Western Ghats. It is a splendid fall with a beautiful view. The water feeds the coffee estates and paddy fields located downstream. It can be easily reached and visited in a single day, hence, it is ideal to club the visit with other locations like the Sringeri Temple, Agumbe and the Uluve bird sanctuary.
It is at a height of 40 feet and there is a motorable road that enables easy access to the falls. One can also get to the bottom and enjoy the falls, although this might not be possible in heavy force during the rainy season.
Quick Facts About Sirimane Falls
- Entry Fee – INR 5/ per head
- Best Time to Visit: From Sept to February right after the monsoon ends.
- Opening Time – 8 AM to 6 PM
- Address: Sirimane Falls Road, Yedadalli – 577139 (MAP)
Sightseeing in and around Sirimane Waterfalls
- Kigga: It is a small town and is easily accessible from the falls. The town is famous for its trekking trail.
- Hari Temple: This Shiva temple is located in Hariharapura. It is believed to be constructed around 400 years ago.
- Sharada Temple: It is a temple built in the 14th century and is devoted to Goddess Sharadamba. The temple has many magnificent stone pillars and a maha mandapam.
How to Reach Sirimane Waterfalls
The nearest airports are Mangalore and Bangalore International Airports. Bangalore airport is at a distance of 300 kms.
The nearest railway station is Uduppi railway station.
One can take the road to reach the falls. It is at a distance of 300 kms from Bangalore, 22 kms from Sringeri and 5 kms from Kigga Chikmangalur.