Jhari is one of the finest resorts near Chikmagalur that is etched in breath taking natural locale. Jhari weaves magic through an intermingling of blissful greenery and cool waters.
Jhari: An Experience in Majestic Beauty to Rejuvenate the Soul
Set against a picture perfect backdrop of scenic beauty, Jhari is a perfect place to revitalize the charm lost in the monotonous city lifestyle. The ambiance is set with the wind passing out of the thick woods whisper sweet notes to the human ear. The birds crooning melodiously from the surrounding greenery and the sound of the water dancing down the rocks, offer an experience of a lifetime. Adding to the blissful beauty of Jhari is its location where the clouds bend down to kiss the place drenched in unscathed natural delights.
Jhari is not only about appreciating nature, it is also about enjoying the thrill of nature through various activities and adventures conducted by the holiday resort.
Facilities at Jhari
The stay offered is a blend of luxury and comfort. This resort near Chikmagalur offers a stay at affordable rates that fit nearly every budget. The resort has attractive room stays, tent stays and dormitory.
The room stays are for those who seek privacy in their tours. The tent stays are for the fun loving and adventurous visitors. The dormitory is perfect for large groups of explorers who want to spend every moment of their stay together.
The accommodation is offered with all modern amenities and services. The dining space is uniquely designed to offer the visitors a feel of the natural beauty even while they enjoy great food at the resort. Fire camps at nights add a mesmerizing touch to the place.
Jhari offers facilities to keep the visitors engaged. Visitors can spend the evenings playing carom, chess, chava mane, badminton, bow and arrow, etc. Apart from these the resort also conducts various activities to make every visitor’s stay a memorable affair. The rustic charm of the resort and the refreshing ambiance makes Jhari a perfect choice for all nature lovers.
How to reach Jhari
Located near Mullayanagiri, Kemmannugundi Road near Chikmagalur, Jhari is easily accessible. Private vehicles and cabs can be hired to reach the holiday spot.
Mangalore International Airport is the nearest airport to the resort. From there visitors can take a vehicle on hire to reach the Athigundi Village, Datha Peetha Road under Chikmagalur Taluk to reach Jhari.
Resorts near Chikmagalur: Activities at Jhari
Jhari extends an inviting sojourn in a bewitching green environment with a scintillating stream of water. The undeniable attraction of the resort is further increased by the numerous interesting activities arranged by the resort. The main attractions of staying at Jhari are:
- Short Trekking: Short treks are arranged in the amazing greens of the forest surrounding the resort.
- Long Trekking: Long treks lead the visitors to Mullayanagiri, the highest peak in Karnataka. It is located at the Bada Budan Giri Range of the lofty Western Ghats.
- Bird Watching: The surrounding area of the resort is a fine bird watching zone with more than 250 species of birds spotted in the vicinity of Jhari. Peacock, Parrot, Partridge, red spur fowl, emerald dove, southern green imperial pigeon, great black woodpecker, Malabar whistling thrush, black winged kite, the open billed stork, etc. are a few species of the birds found in the area.
- Medicinal Plant Study: The resort and the surrounding rich greens are endowed with a variety plants and trees. Recognizing and understanding the medicinal value of plants is an enriching experience in itself.
- Nature Photography: The resort is a mystic area full of natural beauty. It presents amazing options for nature photography through its mesmerizing landscape, beautiful greenery, amazing birds and wonderful streams and rivulets.
To make the experience of staying at Jhari a real memorable one, adventure sports is organized by the resort. The thrill of adventure combined with an element of uncertainty and an opportunity of self discovery are the highlights of the program that includes activities such as:
- Mountain biking
- Rock climbing
Resorts near Chikmagalur: Packages at Jhari
The package at Jhari includes:
- Comfortable accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea, coffee, snacks
- Usage of all amenities
Resorts near Chikmagalur: Rates at Jhari
The rates vary according to the type of accommodation chosen. The occupancy factor also decides the price of accommodation.
Accommodation for a single child is provided free of charge in the room stay packages.
To get updated information about the rates visit tariff page.
Datha Peetha Road,
Chikmagalur– 577 101