Yes, you heard it right. Train services to Bengaluru Airport have become a reality, finally. People from Bengaluru or the ones traveling through this city will no longer have to spend hours in the traffic or pay huge amounts as cab charges to reach the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA).
Arriving at the KIA will be much easier and cheaper as you can now take a train to the Airport. The Indian Railway’s train services to the KIA from the Bengaluru City Station began on the 4th of January 2021.
Train Services To Bengaluru Airport – An Overview
The Chief Minister of Karnataka, Mr. B.S.Yediyurappa had announced the commencement of train services to the Bengaluru Airport a few days earlier.
The trains to and from the Airport are running between Bengaluru city and the newly inaugurated Kempegowda International Airport, Devanahalli Railway Halt Station.
The KIA Railway Halt Station was established by the efforts of the South Western Railway and the Bengaluru International Airport Ltd.
Train To Bengaluru Airport – Highlights
The first DEMU (Diesel Electric Multiple Unit) trains began their operations to the KIA from the KSR Bengaluru City station on the 4th of January 2021 at 4:45 am.
- 5 trains to operate between Bengaluru City Station and KIA Devanahalli Railway Halt Station
- Train services available for 6 days every week
- Services available on all days except Sundays
- Train fares are a bare minimum
- Charges will be between Rs. 10 and Rs. 15 (depending on where you board the train from)
- Two- minute stoppage for all trains at the station
- Last-mile connectivity to the Airport will be enhanced through this service
- The travel will be quick, hassle-free, and environment-friendly
- Traffic congestion will be reduced tremendously
- Reliable and cheap transportation facility
- It Will benefit several hundreds and thousands of people traveling to this airport daily
- BIAL offers free services between the KIA Halt Station and the Airport terminal
- The distance is around 3.5 kilometers
- Flight details can be checked at the halt station
Train Services To Bengaluru Airport – Numbers And Timings
Given below are the details of the trains operating to and from the Airport.
To The Airport
|06285||4:45 am (KSR Bengaluru City Station)||5:50 am (KIA Halt Station)|
|06287||7:00 am (Yelahanka Station)||7:20 am (KIA Halt Station)|
|06279||8:30 am (Yeshwantpur Station)||9:16 am (KIA Halt Station)|
|06269||5:55 pm (Cantonment Station)||6:50 pm (KIA Halt Station)|
|06283||9:00 pm (KSR Bengaluru City Station)||10:05 pm (KIA Halt Station)|
Timings Of Train From KIA
|06288||6:22 am (KIA Halt Station)||6:50 am (Yelahanka Station)|
|06284||7:50 am (KIA Halt Station)||8:50 am (Cantonment Station)|
|06270||8:21 am (KIA Halt Station)||9:25 am (Yeshwantpur Station)|
|06280||6:42 pm (KIA Halt Station)||8:20 pm (KSR Bengaluru City Station)|
|06286||10:37 pm (KIA Halt Station)||11:55 pm (KSR Bengaluru City Station)|