Considered by many as one of the finest yoga retreats in the world, Shreyas Retreat is situated in Nelamangala, 35 km from Bangalore city.
Shreyas Retreat Resort Overview
Located in Nelamangala in the outskirts of Bangalore, Shreyas Retreat is a quiet getaway spread out in a vast landscape of 25 acres. The retreat provides an ashram like atmosphere, and the emphasis here is on yoga, meditation, Ayurvedic therapies and a peaceful and tranquil environment that’s conducive to a spiritual lifestyle.
Shreyas provides an elegant and luxurious setting with tranquil and green surroundings enabling guests to get in touch with their inner selves through Yoga, Meditation and Pranayama sessions, Mantra chanting, rejuvenating massages and treatments etc.
The food here is purely vegetarian and organic. There is a strict no-alcohol policy in place in the resort and it has been rated highly by several international travel and lifestyle magazines.
Shreyas Retreat’s service revolves around the ancient Indian precept of Atithi Devo Bhava – which states that a guest is a manifestation of the Divine upon translation.
Facilities Offered at Shreyas Retreat
The architectural style of Shreyas consists of a fine blend of the traditional and modern. Facilities include an infinity pool, steam room, heated outdoor Jacuzzi, Spa, library, gymnasium, a 3-kilometre jogging trail, cricket nets with a professional bowling machine and a Home Theatre.
The Accommodation at Shreyas Retreat:
- Shreyas Retreat has 14 rooms that can house up to 25 people.
- There are three cottages with a view of the swimming pool and one three-bedroom Garden cottage.
- Eight elegantly designed tents “tented cottages” with bathrooms that open into private walled courtyards are set up amidst trees, and shrubs. Each tent can accommodate up to two people.
All rooms and cottages are air-conditioned, with STD/ISD telephones and broadband internet connection. Other amenities include electronic safe, hair dryer, electric kettle with a selection of teas, bathrobes, toiletries, slippers and writing desk.
The Spa here offers Thai, Indonesian, Swedish, Balinese Aromatherapy massages and Ayurvedic treatments. At the Yoga Center here, instructors conduct sessions on Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Pranayama and other principles and methods of Yogic Tradition.
How to Get to the Shreyas Retreat Resort
Shreyas Retreat is located in Nelamangala town in the suburbs of Bangalore city. It is within an easy driving distance of 35 km from the heart of Bangalore city. Shreyas is 50 minutes from Bangalore airport.
Gollahalli Gate, Nelamangala
Bangalore 562123, India
Landlines: +91- 80-27737102, +91 99161 17773 / 6
Mobile: +91 99161 10422
The room charge per night start from INR 11,000 plus taxes and service charge inclusive of all meals, Wellness Consultation, twice-daily Yoga sessions and daily Meditation session.
Activities and Things to Do
- Shreyas offers many customized packages and retreats from 3-21 nights such as Yoga Retreat, Wellness for the Soul, Weight management, Culinary Experiences, Ayurvedic Rejuvenation etc
- You can practice yoga and learn various forms of meditation and yoga – Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Pranayama, deep relaxation, Yogic kriyas etc.
- Different types of massages including Thai, Indonesian, Swedish, Aromatherapy and Balinese massages, organic facials scrubs and masks can be availed in this retreat.
- A wide range of Ayurvedic therapies and massages are offered.
- The retreat organizes community service in the nearby villages that guests can participate in. Guests can also take part in farming activities in the paddy fields and herb gardens.
- You can practice in the cricket nets or workout at the gym. You can also go for a swim in the 25-meter swimming pool with a heated outdoor Jacuzzi.
- The home theater has hundreds of movies for your viewing pleasure.
- A library with an extensive collection of books to read during your stay.
- Shreyas organizes day excursions to nearby places of interest like Mysore, Halebid, Shravanabelagola and Belur.
Shreyas Retreat is a wonderful place to visit for a few days and get in touch with your spiritual side. The resort attracts visitors from all over the world and is one of the most popular wellness retreats in the country.