Established in the year 1990, the Karnataka-Trasi based Turtle Bay Resort is an eco-beach resort. Surrounded by the river Sowparnika on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west, the resort is set in an extremely scenic location. Be it silent walks along the coast, swimming, relaxing on the sensuous sand and gravel or feeling the cold sea breeze, the resort offers immense opportunities that you can explore. You’ll grow to appreciate the beauty of virgin nature during your stay in this resort.
The resort formed a committee called Nirmala Grama Samithi Trasi in April 2009 to spread awareness about health and hygiene among the villagers. The resort is also affiliated with various NGOs which support Marine Conservation and Education.
Various accommodation options are available at the resort and these include AC rooms, deluxe rooms, standard rooms, budget cabanas, and dormitories. Cabana rooms are beautifully decorated in ethnic style. These rooms face the sea and provide a magnificent view of the beach. Beach umbrellas are provided in these rooms and wooden and stone benches that stretch along the coastline amidst coconut palms will provide the perfect ambience for you to let the hair down and relax.
Doctor on call facility is available in this resort to meet the basic medical needs of all residents. Travel arrangements are made if requested. The resort also has an open-air restaurant that specializes in local cuisines. For sea food lovers, a variety of delicacies containing fish, mussels, oysters, crabs, and shrimps are served at the restaurant.
How to Get to the Resort
Located on the Mangalore-Karwar highway, the resort lies 12 km away from Kundapur. It is well connected to major cities like Bangalore, Goa, Mangalore and Mumbai by road, airplanes and trains. The nearest airport is the Mangalore airport. While Kundapur and Mangalore house the nearest railway junctions, Kundapur and Udupi are major bus stands in the vicinity.
Contact Information and Pricing
The rates associated with each accommodation option are lowered 30% during the off season, when compared to the peak season (November to May).
On paying for three nights during the off season, the fourth night can be availed free of cost. However, single-stay accommodation options are given a discount of 20% even during the peak season. Children above the age of six are charged only 50% of the tariff.
The fee for each extra person in rooms is INR 300 (inclusive of the mattress).
Turtle Bay Beach Resort
Gujjadi Post, Kundapur Taluk
Activities and Things to Do
- Turtle Bay Resort offers innumerable opportunities for all type of tourists.
- A member of the Association of Dive Centers of India (ADCI), the resort offers scuba diving and snorkeling options for its visitors, for them to witness the beauty of fascinating coral reefs.
- Adventure freaks can take up boat rides to witness some picturesque views of the Arabian Sea and the backwaters of river Sowparnika.
- There are 17 world class treks that you can choose from to take a trip along the green mountain ranges.
- A variety of exotic wild birds and animals frequent the region, spelling good news for fans of fauna.
- Special reiki, yoga, and Tai-Chi packages and Ayurvedic massages are also offered at the resort.