The Evolve Back in Kabini is a luxury resort chain is one of the best in its category in Southern India. The resort was earlier called Orange County. The Kabini resort is located near the banks of the river Kabini, which runs through the Nagarhole National Park and borders along the Bandipur National Park.
The surroundings spell peace and tranquillity and the resort has been created to enhance this peace while providing utmost comfort. The place has individual huts that have been created keeping the Kadu Kuruba tribe in mind while maintaining a synergy between the traditional and modern architecture.
The outside of each hut integrates the local landscape’s colours and textures and at the same time, the interiors of the guest huts lend a traditional feel. The furniture and fittings as well the drapery all encompass the ethnicity of the tribes. Small details like lampshades made from bottle gourd add to the local look.
The resort has two types of huts – Pool Huts and Jacuzzi Huts.
The pool hut, as the name suggests, has a private swimming area within the hut. The hut also houses a living room and dining area, along with a palatial bedroom, and the bathroom comes with a courtyard. The pool huts are air-conditioned and come with basic amenities such as electric kettles, refrigerators and guest supplies. These huts provide a standard occupancy for two.
The Jacuzzi hut sports a wondrously fitted Jacuzzi in it. These are slightly smaller in size, but very comfortable. The room segregation and other facilities are the same as those in the pool hut.
Apart from the luxuries already provided in the huts, the resort comes with a Reading Lounge, where bookworms can read interesting novels and other books while gazing at the greenery time and again. People who are entirely stressed out can relax at the Vaidyasala -an Ayurvedic spa. The Infinity Pool is the common area pool where you can spend a lazy afternoon. A multi-cuisine restaurant called Honey Comb offers the best international and regional dishes.
Contact Details of Orange County Kabini
Head Office & Reservations (Bangalore)
Orange County Resorts & Hotels Ltd.
2nd Floor, St. Patrick’s Business Complex
21, Museum Road, Bangalore – 560 025
Branch Office & Reservations (Chennai)
Orange County Resorts & Hotels Ltd.
1st Floor, Prince Arcade,
22-A Cathedral Road, Chennai – 600 086
Tamil Nadu, INDIA
Tel: +91 (0)44 4210 4541 – 3
Fax: +91 (0)44 2811 1131
Evolve Back, Kabini
Bheeramballi Village & Post,
H.D. Kote Taluk, Mysore Dist.- 571 116
Tel: +91 (0)8228 269 100 – 7
Fax: +91 (0)8228 269 108
How to Get to the Evolve Back Kabini Resort
Orange County, Kabini is located near Bheeramballi Village at a distance of 245 km from Bangalore by road, via Mysore. There are multiple routes to this resort that you can take and these include:
From Bangalore (245 Km) – Mysore Highway – Ramnagaram – Maddur – Mandya – Srirangapatna – Mananthavaadi Road (Turn right towards Mananthavaadi) – Hand Post Circle (Continue straight towards Mananthavaadi) – 3 Km after Hand Post Circle turn left towards Kabini Dam – Beechanahalli Village – Bheeramballi Village – Orange County, Kabini
From Kozhikode (180 Km) – Vythiri – Kalpetta – Mananthavaadi – Bavali – 3 km before Hand Post circle turn right towards Kabini Dam – Beechanahalli Village – Bheeramballi Village – Orange County, Kabini
Activities and Things to Do
Guests can enjoy a safari on the pristine waters of the Kabini, where many animals can be spotted, including the marsh crocodile and some water birds. Coracle rides can also be chosen.
- The resort makes arrangements for its guests to go on a vehicle safari through the Nagarhole National Park. The safari lasts for about two hours, and this trip can be used to spot some herbivores. Spotting elusive tigers and leopards might be hard.
- The resort has a resident beast called Meenakshi, and all guests can bathe, feed and even take a ride on this elephant.
- If you’re craving for a true tribal village experience, you can visit the hadi (village) of the Kuruba tribals and share a cup of coffee with the locals.
- The resort normally arranges guided nature walks with a naturalist along the banks of Kabini.
- Every alternate evening, you can see Kuruba tribal dancers performing the traditional dance which is something they perform during festivals and times of distress to appease the Gods.
- The resort has an exclusive activity centre for children with board games, books and art materials. A special children’s movie is also screened in the centre to keep the children from disturbing the peace.