- Only 2/3 documents to be submitted instead of 20 for land conversion
- Applicants need to submit documents at the Revenue Department
- If no comments are received by other departments within 1 month, the conversion will be initiated.
Land conversation in Karnataka is getting easier. If you’ve been trying to convert your agricultural land to commercial land, read on to find out how the process has been simplified.
Land can be broadly categorized as commercial and non-commercial or agricultural land. Non-commercial land can be converted to commercial land but until now, the process of conversion was very tedious and lengthy. This is set to change with a recent Cabinet decision to streamline the conversion process and take it online.
Commercial vs Agricultural Land
Contrary to popular belief, agricultural land can be bought by farmers and non-farmers. The difference between the two lies mainly in the use of the land. Commercial land can be used to construct houses, schools, hotels, offices etc.
However, agricultural land can be used only for farming. The buyer may build a house on part of the property but this can only take up a small percentage of the total land available. Agricultural plots are also usually much bigger than commercial plots and are not considered as capital assets.
Read: AgroCorp – Your Way To Own Land In Karnataka
Conversion of Agricultural Plot to Commercial Plot
Until now, converting an agricultural plot to a commercial plot involved submitting over 20 documents from different branches of the government. This included no-objection certificates from the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, Karnataka Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prohibition of Transfer of Certain Lands) Act and Tenancy Act. Most applicants ended up paying bribes for the certificates or giving up n their efforts.
Under a new system, the conversion will now take only 1 month. The applicant will need to submit an application along with a copy of the mutation record, a copy of RTC for the current year and an affidavit with 11E sketch (if applicable).
All other documents will be collected by the revenue department through its online system with other organizations and departments. If no comments are submitted by other departments within 1 month, the revenue department will assume that there is no objection to the conversion and the process will be initiated. Thus, people wanting to convert agricultural land into commercial land will no longer need to visit multiple government departments.
This move has been appreciated by many who believe that it will make it easier to set up businesses in Karnataka.
- Kaveri Online Services – Property Registration Made Easier
- Thinking of Buying Land in Karnataka- Download Dishank
- Industries Buying Land In Karnataka – Now Buy Land Directly From Farmers
- E khata – As Legal and Valid as the Physical Khata
- The RERA Act – Everything Homebuyers Should Know
- Online FIR Bangalore And E-lost Report App – Everything You Should Know
- Karnataka GI Tags
- Akarma turns Sakarma
- Bangalore One Service Centre
- Karnataka Government Holidays