Auto-renewal of trade licenses in Karnataka is becoming a reality. This is important given that the regulatory procedures for trade organizations have been quite complicated in Karnataka.
The simplification of the rules and regulations attached to doing business in the state has been something that the Karnataka government has been working on for quite some time now.
They’ve also been stressing on introducing IT (Information Technology) for the flawless governance of trade and related practices.
Check out: Bangalore BDA E Auction 2020 Process
A notification has been issued by the BBMP regarding the auto-renewal of trade licenses for businesses using a transparent online system. This will remove the unnecessary complications attached to the trade license renewal.
Currently, the trade license renewal for businesses operating in Karnataka comes under the KMC Act (Karnataka Municipal Corporation Act). This is considered to be quite complicated due to the following reasons.
- Additional layers of regulations on the business firms
- Added financial burdens to the organizations as well
Auto-Renewal Of Trade Licenses – Recommendations By The Ministry Of Finance,
The following recommendations were put forward by the Ministry of Finance regarding the renewal of trade licenses by the different states in India.
- Simplify the trade licensing system that exists
- Renewal procedure to be removed
- Transparent online system for the automatic renewal
- A reasonable fee to be collected for the same
Recommendations By The Chief Secretary Of The Government Of Karnataka
The Chief Secretary for the Karnataka government has put forth the following recommendations for the ease of renewal of trade licenses in the state.
- A transparent online system must be introduced
- This is for the auto-renewal of licenses for trade
- This is to be done following the payment of the fees prescribed
Auto-Renewal Of Trade Licenses – The Decision Taken By the Government of Karnataka
Based on the above recommendations the government of Karnataka has taken the following decisions.
- Introduction of an automatic, transparent, non-discretionary, online system
- This is for the auto-renewal of trade licenses
- Urban Local Bodies can do this
- No physical touchpoint is required to renew the license
Transparent Online System Of Auto – Renewal Of Trade Licenses Introduced By BBMP
Based on the recommendations mentioned above the BBMP has introduced an online system that is transparent for the auto-renewal of trade licenses. A notification regarding the same was issued on the 12th of October 2020 by the Commissioner of BBMP.
- Businesses can auto-renew their trade licenses
- This is done following the payment of the fees prescribed
- The e-payment methods to be used
- Payment can be done through the online portal of the department
- The business/individual do not have to submit any applications for renewal
- Will receive an approval certificate that is signed digitally
- The applicant can download it from the online portal
- No physical touchpoint required
The auto-renewal of trade licenses using the transparent online system will now remove the unwanted complications the businesses go through usually.
The rules have been simplified by the BBMP thereby lightening the burdens attached to the license renewal.