Temple: Shiva Temple
Muthyala Madugu or Muthyala Maduvu is a picnic spot located a few kilometers away from Bangalore. It is a small water fall and you can reach the place through Hosur Road or Bannerghetta Road. Muthyala Madugu is located in Anekal, a small town present in the outskirts of Bangalore city.
Muthyala Madugu – Overview
Muthyala Maduvu or the Pearl Valley (as it is known among tourists), is a beautiful getaway for a short picnic. Muthyala Maduvu literally means ‘Pearl Pool’. The waterfall here is small but it lives up to its name, falling down in pearly rivulets.
It is a nice place to visit and an ideal getaway spot that you can head to escape from the buzz and pollution of the city. It is a scenic spot and there is a small Shiva temple here, called Muthyala Ishvara temple. The shrine has a Shiva Linga, and regular pujas are performed here.
Muthyala Madugu – Facts
- The highlight of any visit to Muthyala Madugu is of course, the water fall.
- It is a 300 foot waterfall
- The source of the water is the Onakanahalli Tank
- It is a pearly cascade of water, falling in thin rivulets in off seasons
- During and after the rainy season, the waterfall grows is size, and the pool at the base becomes big enough to swim in
- The steps leading up to the waterfall make a beautiful setting, the lovely scenery will serve to take your mind away from the steep climb
- There is a trail around the waterfall, for those who are interested in hiking
- There is a small but attractive Shiva temple here, where regular pujas are performed, so it is also good for a combined religious visit
- The best time to visit would be during the rainy season, though you should avoid visiting during heavy rains
- The waterfall and the surrounding trail can be dangerous during a downpour
How to Get to Muthyala Madugu
Important bus routes are connected to Anekal. If you are coming in a car, depending on where you are, take the Hosur road or Bannerghetta road.