The following is required to get a water connection in Bangalore. The organization that is concerned with this is BWSSB.
- Furnish the sanctioned plans from the BDA/BMP. If not, product a tax paid receipt from the BDA/BMP or the local authorities. If the building is more than ground floor plus three floors, you are required to produce the occupancy certificate given by BDA/BMP.
- Get a letter of permission from these authorities to cut the road. You are required to pay a fee for this [official and unofficial]
- Get an application from a BWSSB service station. You are required to pay Rs 30 for water connection and Rs 30 for sanitary connection.
- Submit the form with the mentioned required documents to the assistant executive engineer at the sub-division office. You can apply thru a certified plumber also.
- The fee is Rs 1,620 for domestic individual houses on the ground floor. For other floors you pay more.
Sanitary and water connection application requires:
- Floor area of the building
- Number of toilets
- Number of sanitary and plumbing connections required
- Number of water points
- Overhead and sump tank capacity
For more details see BWSSB consumer page.
PS: This is very specific to Bangalore city, however the rules may not be very different for other towns/cities.