The institute is named after Sir. M. Visvesvaraya, a well known Engineer, statesman and a former Diwan of Mysore; it was established in the year 1986. This institute was founded and established by the Sri Krishnadevaraya Educational Trust and offers programs in the field of technical education. Affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU), the institute has achieved the ISO 9001:2000 certification. MVIT is spread out on 53.8 acres of sprawling land on the NH7, located 21 kilometers from Bangalore and is considered one of the top 10 Engineering colleges in Bangalore.
What Does it Offer?
This institute offers both Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses. The Under Graduate courses offered are Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Information Science and Engineering and Biotechnology.
The Post Graduate courses offered are M.Tech in Bio technology and Biochemical Engineering, M.Sc in Engineering by Research, Master of Computer Application, Master of Business Administration, M.Tech with specialization in Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Electronics.
Research based Ph.D program in Bio-Technology is also offered by this institute.
This campus has well equipped laboratories, library with Internet browsing center, boys and girls hostel, a general hospital with 100 beds, ladies amenities center, outdoor sports facility and a cafeteria and a placement center.
Research and Grants
The Mechanical department has ongoing research on
- Design, Development and testing of Prototype Smart Wiper for Automobile wind Screens with a grant of Rs.24.16 lakh by NPMASS-ADA
- Testing and Evaluation of Wax formulation for use in investment casting foundries funded by VTU Belagaum (7.5 lakhs)
- AICTE(RPS), Product Development for Environmental Friendly Manufacturing Process, amount Sanctioned: Rs.1.95 Lakh
- AICTE (MODROBS),Modernisation of Materials Testing Laboratory, amount Sanctioned:Rs.8.0 Lakh VTU under R & D Grants, Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Polymer composites Reinforced with Nano Ceramic Oxide Powers, amount Sanctioned: 4.016 Lakh.
MOUs has been signed with,
- Department of Biology, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina, USA
- Herbal Science Trust (HST), Bangalore
- University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS, B), Department of Biotechnology, Bangalore
- Richore Life sciences Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
The Who’s Who of Sir MVIT
This institute is being run under the chairmanship of Mr.A.S.Chinnaswamy Raju. Dr.Viresh K. Basalalli (former Professor and Chairman of Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, UVCE, Bangalore) is the director of the institute. The other noted people associated with the institute are Dr. M.S. Indira – Principal and Prof. R.H. Nagabhushan – Dean. The Board of Trustees is: Sri K. Narayana Raju – Vice-President, Sri K.V. Sekhar Raju – Secretary and Sri A.C. Chandrasekhar Raju as Treasurer.
Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute Of Technology
International Airport Road, Via-Yelahanka,
Bangalore-562 157, Karnataka, India
Phone: +91-80-28467248, 28477024/25/26
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com